Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new to the forum, I have a 2004 Yamaha rhino 660 and it blew up a few years back and I put in a new motor last year but I’ve had problems trying to get it going ever since I’ve looked and looked and still can’t find anything that relates to what’s going on with it, I put an electric fuel pump in it and it gets fuel to the carb I’ve cleaned the carb, new fuel filters, I’ve clean the tank out tried taking it to a shop they wouldn’t work on it, and it only revs with the choke on but dies in chokes off and given any throttle, if anyone has had this problem and can tell me what’s wrong or give me advice it would be great appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
769 Posts
From reading many other posts on this subject, look into the carb diaphragm - sounds like it may not be working properly and/or you may have a plugged main jet - especially if you had to clean the tank out - crud may have entered the carb.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi I’m new to the forum, I have a 2004 Yamaha rhino 660 and it blew up a few years back and I put in a new motor last year but I’ve had problems trying to get it going ever since I’ve looked and looked and still can’t find anything that relates to what’s going on with it, I put an electric fuel pump in it and it gets fuel to the carb I’ve cleaned the carb, new fuel filters, I’ve clean the tank out tried taking it to a shop they wouldn’t work on it, and it only revs with the choke on but dies in chokes off and given any throttle, if anyone has had this problem and can tell me what’s wrong or give me advice it would be great appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!
I had this same issue a couple of weeks ago. A friend of mine who owns a motorcycle repair shop suggested this: take your console off, get your bike warmed up. Pull the choke and open the throttle a little so that it revs up. Slowly slide your hand over the intake to the air box until it starts to choke down and slide your hand back just a little. You may have to do this several times. If your jet is clogged this can maybe pull the trash through. I did this a couple of times and mine started running great. If this fixes your bike, you should still clean your carb since you may have more trash in your carb, but at least you will know what the issue is. Mine still had some junk in the carb. Your fuel lines may be deteriorating if they have never been replaced. This could cause small pieces to be getting into your jets. Did you actually take your tank out and clean it? I took mine out and used SeaFoam to clean it. You will have to pump most or all of your gas out before removing your tank. After doing this I could actually see the fuel level in the little peep slot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts