Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 rhino 660 that has not been running very well. I recently sent the head and cylinder off to racers edge in AZ and had them port and polish the head as well as go +1 on the valves. They also bored the cylinder out to a 686 and sold me a stage 3 hot cam. They sent me a hsr 45 carb and supplied the jetting they have been running on many of there builds. For an air intake they sent me a k&n filter and short intake tube that is bolted directly to the carb. Once I got everything back together this thing was always on the rev limiter so they sold me a dynatek cdi box and that seemed to help. Once the rev limiter problem was solved just wouldnt run very good and was purging coolant and I found I had a blown head gasket. Since then I have had the head and cylinder checked for warpage and cracks and reassembled. I was told the rhino over heated so I added a fluidyne radiator and engine ice coolant and a temp gauge. I have been messing with this thing for almost a year and it is still not running right. I made a ten hour drive to trinity racing and they could not tell me what to do or make any difference in how the machine runs. I have had it dyno tuned, checked and rechecked with no help. It heats up way fast, runs ruff and has just a little more power then a stock rhino, but I have to really watch the coolant temp. I spend more time letting it cool down then riding it. I have spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hour wrenching and reading and still cant seem to make this thing run like it should. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention I installed an a/f monitor and am running a trinity racing dual exhaust on 110 race fuel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was pumping coolant back into the reservoir, but after replacing the head gasket it has not done it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stock skid plate and stock bumper. It has a fireball racing +6 long travel and a bolt on 4 seat cage extension and rear seat. No other body modifications. I tried swaping the dynatek cdi back with the stock on and no change. Should I maybe run the stock carb and airbox?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Are you burping the system completely? Sorry to be persistant but is it still pumping fluid into the reservoir? If your a/f gauge isn't showing a lean condition I wouldn't see changing the carb back making a change.

Nate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts