Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get an 07 rhino 660 sport edition. Just wanting the pros and cons. I've never had a side by side and want to see if there is anything I need to look at when I go to look at this side by side? I was going to do a compression test but I seen while doing search that I could get false reading because they have a compression release valve or something. Is there a way to do this properly? The rhino has 1400 miles on it. Has full belly skid and titanium fmf slip-on and 26" swamp fox tires. And the big question. What's it worth?

Thanks for the help and thanks for the site.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Not sure what he's asking but I would say around 6-7K if it's in excellent condition. Any reason why you aren't looking for a used 700. they are fuel injected and have other upgrades over the 660. 1400 miles isn't a lot but I'm guessing if he's running swamp fox tires it's seen a lot of mud. check the CV boots, drive shaft seals, check for oil leaks, coolant leaks, brakes, suspension bushings and wheel bearings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't really looking for one to be honest. I have an 08 Brute Force 650 SRA that I was selling and a guy wants to trade even for this Rhino.

He wants to trade this.

For this.

·
Registered
708 Posts
If it runs good, looks a good deal to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well deal fell through. Some one else jumped on the deal before I could get down there. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Borrow a compression gauge and check it. I would say if it starts right up and doesn't smoke a lot after it's been sitting for a couple of days it's probably okay. A gauge is the only real way to tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts