Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rhino Muddin

I thought I'd share with you a little video we made. It's shot off my iphone so the resolution is funky, but maybe it'll give you an idea of our afternoon. We had a good time riding around. We found a really slick spot and nearly got stuck. It was so *******, LoL I know, but whatever.
:icon16:

You might find it more interesting that the Hot Rod sheave and 16 gram sliders can spin the stock tires and wheels easily in slick mud, even in 4x4 high. Check out the video near the beginning- the engine sounds like it bumps the rev limiter in 2wd high range.

I'm definitely getting better tires for the mud, because this is only a fraction of the mud we ride. I've got my eyes on a set of 27" Radial Outlaws, but I need to save up a few more pennies first.

Take it easy, gentlemen. And run those Rhinos hard.
:bike4:

Rhino Mudding - YouTube

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nice, definitely need some different tires, I've been through worse than that without that much of a problem so there's definitely something wrong with those tires on your rhino LOL.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd update this one with a few more pics. My buddy and I have 2011 Rhinos. As you can see, we're starting from the same clean slate stock Rhino, but moving in slightly different directions.

We both have the Hot Rod Sheave with the 16 gram sliders. But as you can see, he decided to go with the wide-offset ITP rims and 26x11x14 Zillas. I'm still rollin on the stockers for a while, but have added the SSV Works overhead stereo, 4000lb Viper Max winch, and 18" Oznuim LED light strip under the roof for an awesome dome light and/or beer drinking light.

Here's a shot of him going through some of that mud you saw my Rhino struggling through in the video in the OP.

And here's a couple of shots of our Rhinos

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We went on a ride and I thought I'd throw in another pic of our festivities. It was awesome. As was this stuck:

I literally fell into the ground! It took some serious winching to free myself from this peanut butter crusted hole. My buddy with a brand new 2012 RZR-s tried to serve as an anchor point but I kept dragging him backwards into the mud. His front wheels were about to come off the ground my winch was pulling so hard. Fortunately, there was another 2011 Rhino to take his place. I was able to drag myself out of the mire and we were good to go! I'll look for some more pics of our ride. And as always, take it easy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts