Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was riding my 09 700 rhino the other night and the bike just kills as if i turned the key off but all lights, radio, ect... stayed on as if everything was normal. tried to start it nothing happend no clicks from anywhere no engine turning over nothing ive checked all fuses that i can find everything seems fine just wont make any attempt to try and start. Has anyone ever heard of this i need help big ride coming up???????

·
Registered
67 Posts
same thing happened to me. mine was the key switch. got a lighted marine toggle and a momentary toggle and did away with the key.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
i think thats what mine did ...and it was the starter silinoid....the box in battey box with the two big red wires...if i turned key on...and put screw driver across the too red posts...it turned over and started and ran fine...

·
Registered
395 Posts
I ment starter relay...like 30 bucks

·
Registered
67 Posts
@rhino 151 Turning the key on and off would still turn all ur assecories and lights and dash lights on ect...????
sorry, went to bed. no, my switch shorted on the ignition side not the starting side. i couldn't even turn the key until i pulled the switch and cleaned it out with electrical parts cleaner. i got towed home at night but it was daylight by the time i started working on it. try and see what the resistance is on both sides of the switch. if you don't have a manual or cant find it let me know and i'l give you the numbers after i get off work today. i checked everything else like you and then went back to the switch.:fingersx:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Get a VM...

If your "start" function on the switch is bad you get accessories but no voltage applied to your starter relay...

If you are getting 12V to the relay when you "start" at the key then it's the relay...

If you get 12V to the relay and the relay clicks but no crank then you see if you have 12V at the starter motor...if you have 12V at the starter motor and no crank then you make sure the the ground is rock solid...actually you might want to do that FIRST...

If their is 12V at the motor and solid ground then you need a new starter...

It is a simple system...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts