Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls, I'm doing a casual search for a better ice chest setup. I bought a cheap colapsible one at the beginning of the dune season and I just noticed it's falling apart. I think all the bouncing in the bed.

Anyways. I want to find a plastic ice chest that won't come open or one of those nicer stainless colemans. Also I think what I need is a good bracket to mount it to the bed. I was checking Jeep companies, rhino companies and even boat companies. I don't really think it needs to be rhino specific just a rugged icechest with a solid mount.

If anyone has done this search or has recommendations let me know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Chandler, check out Funco's web site. They have a veery nice holder, strap and cover for the 12 pack coolers.

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts

here's a six pack chest holder I got

·
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You've got me there. I did find that site but they don't advertise what you mention. It looks like they just sell sandcars.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Chandler, just go buy any icechest you like and have a local fab shop fabricate a holder for you.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Just a note, on the JP Cooler ones...Wash the inside out after you use it or else it will end up smelling like nasty shoes and make you puke!! Also empty any liquid and beverages out and let air dry after each use while at the dunes,,,puking may occur as well.

·
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hear you. I take my lunch in the collapsible coolers and usually I retire them long before they wear out. As soon as they smell like azz they gotta go.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I have the JP Cooler one fo my Rhino... its pretty convenient and works well for keeping stuff cold. Also, it has 2 compartments, I usually put my camera and other dry stuff on one side and cold drinks on the other side.

Another trick setup I have seen is that Cabelas sells these coolers that mount on rollcage and hold your stuff... I will try to find a picture.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is a picture of our cooler and some applications. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules here, I have been browsing the forum for a while planning my Rhino build.

Rhino with cooler rack built by http://www.xtrememf.com

Click to make big
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car

Cooler in the bed of a Rhino.

Click to make big
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

Check out www.jpcooler.com for details and more pic's.
:drive:

·
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad your here actually. I just found one of your cards from the sandshow after someone else posted your link. I already bought a cheap plastic one but I'm sure it will fail soon.

Can I ask how do your softsided coolers mount into the bed?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Those coolers are great for boats cause they dont bang up and scratch things up......but theyre no match for a hard side for keeping ice. I use mine for short rides, but day trips, they just dont keep the ice....And theyre very durable!! I should also add that pretty much any cooler strugles in AZ durring the summer, but for a softside, these are as good as it gets!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts