Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is a complete Rhino or Grizzly 660 Motor. This motor is actually coming out of a 2004 Grizzly 660. The motor fires right up and runs, I just don't have the time to fix the rest of the bike. The grizzly was used ONLY on a farm by an older couple to check/feed cattle and I am the second owner. I have a clean title for the quad and proof of ownership can be shown so you know you are not receiving a stolen motor.

Shipping will be done through FedEx and shipping charges are to be covered by the Buyer. I have sold MANY motors for various powersports related items and know how to package them nicely. Paypal fees are to be added to the top of the price.

The motor will be shipped in a rubbermaid style tote and will be fully insured. I get some very nice shipping discounts and will gladly pass those discounts on to the buyer. I have plenty of positive feedback on other forums and I can provide links to those along with my 100% rating on ebay(over 300 feedback).

This sale includes the transmission, cases, crank, and complete top end, along with everything inside of cases. It will not include exterior parts such as the clutch sheeve, carb or shifting linkages. These parts can be purchased separately if needed.

Please PM me if interested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are the Rhino and Grizzly motors the exact same. One will bolt in the other? How far are you from KC? How much for the whole thing?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are the same. There may be minor differences with bolt on pieces such as the sheave, but that does not pertain to this sale anyways since those parts are not included. I prefer to just part the entire ATV out myself at this point, but I shot you a price for the entire thing through PM. The ATV currently sits with all of the plastics off.

I am located about an hour south of St.Louis if anyone is curious. Motor could indeed be picked up in person.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Yes they are the same. There may be minor differences with bolt on pieces such as the sheave, but that does not pertain to this sale anyways since those parts are not included. I prefer to just part the entire ATV out myself at this point, but I shot you a price for the entire thing through PM. The ATV currently sits with all of the plastics off.

I am located about an hour south of St.Louis if anyone is curious. Motor could indeed be picked up in person.

According to camshaw, no they are not the same. There are more than just a few minor differences.
grizzly to rhino 660 engine differences

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to inform you members on what I've found to be the differences from a grizzly 660 to a rhino 660 engine...Having owned both and have currently pulled them apart to compare them. To dispell the myth that they are exactly the same, here ya go..

1 different transmission gear set,rhino has lower gears in the transmission cluster
2 the middle drive gear shaft(middle driven)shaft on the grizzly is hollow for some reason,where a rhino middle driven shaft is solid and stronger
3 the oil filter adapter on a rhino has a locating pin boss casted into the case half to properly aline the adapter and hold it in place,grizzlys don't have this boss as they don't run an oil cooler from my knowledge.
4 the grizzly I tore apart had a smaller tapered through shaft through the motor, alot smaller in diameter than a rhino through shaft(don't know if later grizzlys went to a larger diameter shaft?)

so...those are the major differences, a higher gear ratio and smaller lighter duty through shaft and middle drive gear shafts....so if you think that a rhino transmission and middle drive gear assembly is weak, the decision is yours if u want to risk the smaller grizzly gearset and drive in a heavier vehichle(like a rhino) just an informative observation based on facts...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. Motor is most likely not for sale at this point any more. There has been enough interest in the complete atv so i will just fix it up and sell it this winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts