Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is someone going to have a DVD to purchase for just rhino stuff???? I have a great idea (which some proceeds can be mailed to my PO box, lol) , I think we should really promote having all of us upload our greatest videos and pictures of crashes, rolls, jumps, racing, event coverage, and everything else that may pertain to our interest, and get a good dude to edit some music in and we can promote thenew video from there and sell it, and the rest of the proceeds can go to putting on a rhino run somewhere like Glamis or something to cover some expenses. Just an idea, but burning copies of cd's is easy, and making the initial after gathering hours of footage should be pretty easy as well. What do ya'll think? Decent idea, or scratch the thought? Or is there some good media already for sale?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let me know how I can help! I've been thinking about doing that forever. We should set up a lil site called Rhinomedia.com, and let everyone upload video clips, and promise them a good video one day!!! We can promote it here!!! Maybe Michael can make a logo, and we can link it from here and other forums, and all we have to do is hype it up! People can also watch other people's vid's in the meantime right onsite!

·
Registered
297 Posts
i got a few good videos of me, i just got a 3 minute edited one from a friend.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so how do we do this? Cuz I have a few good race video short clips and some other BS ones that would fly for a time filler! Not to mention all the ones on youtube and things of that nature. I say Me and someone get together and do this project (are you in Bri)? We're the originators of the idea as far as I know, and I already know I can go and sell a lot of these with ads in magz and going to all the major off road places and sell a butt load of these as long as they are legit , which means $$$$$ to support our hobby!!! Who's in? you can have a piece of the pie as long as you put in your part! I'm interested in putting a game plan together! There are so many Baja videos, fifty videos, sand, etc, but nothing pertaining to just rhinos. This could be a start to quite a lil business! What do you think of RhinoMedia.com??? lol WOOOOHOOOOO!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Full length movie - To pull this idea off right you are going to need tons of footage.. most of which will end up on the cutting room floor... in order to get tons of footage this will take up most of your weekends traveling to races, Glamis and other Rhino events. Then there is the investment of decent video cameras and other equipment. Then when you get all the footage you better have someone really good, I mean *really good* to edit it all together to make it worth all the effort.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I think this is an awsome Idea, I have been looking for some Rhino media myself, but cannot find any ! and your right they would sell. I just cant believe noone has thought of this before.:dunno:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would love to go out to the desert and film with a few guys

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
<--- in the works.. who wants to be in it. ive got a few hours of footage.. but only a good 25 mins worth of dvd quality aweomse jaw dropping action

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd love to be in it, but I am in CA, and you are in AZ. WOuldn't mind getting some cool footage in Glamis here soon! We should all plan to meet up and have our own lil Crash! We can all bring something (burgers/ beers, whatever) and try to find a happy median in all of our schedules to get this lil family together to have a forum party/ ride! Not so crowded, short notice (kinda), and it would be just enough people to have a ton of fun for a coupke of days. If it sounds like a good idea, let me know so I can check my schedule now! I think that with the footage that some of us now, we'd make a decent video, but Michael is right about needing some nice equipment, unless we get somebody onboard that has everything we need and wants a piece of the pie as well!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think we should get some desert footage. one of us hauling over the whoops and another person filming on a road. DESERT would be good

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I talked to Don Murphy (owner of CartWheelin magazine) and he is in!! He has the equipment to edit and make covers and so on, and he's been thinking about doing the same thing, but the catch is that we need someone with good equipment to take the footage in 8mm at least, so that it could be edited properly. I wish I wasn't so busy because this does seem like a good biz venture for whoever involved, but I am in the proccess of establishing another business, and running a fab/ custom suspension shop as well, and I am so nerve racked trying to balance out life right now, or I would invest time and money into doing this. This would involve some good traveling to catch what you need to get countless hours of footage, when most of it ends up off the table when making a real movie. I barely have time to take a lunch break everyday!!!! So I wish I could pursue this more, but makes it hard when I've got so much going on.... but if anyone else is sure that they can contribute, I could set you up with the man that is most qualified to finish the job from there, so the editing part could potentially be taken care of, so holler if neccessary!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i'm in to help out as much as i can...i would love to see a full lenght rhino movie

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ive got some equip. I made a sand video of some footage I had over the course of a couple of seasons just filming an hour hear and an hour there. I also have made some hunting videos (3) of elk, javelina and turkey. You dont want to use 8mm, you need 3CCD or equal for broadcast quality. Your regular mini DV are good but for nice crisp color you need 3ccd. I also have a remote cam for mounting anywhere. I have editing programs that I use and they work really well. I have all this because I have been gearing up for just this kinda thing. Its is fairly easy to do all this, it is just very time consuming. You will use just about half the footage most of the time. My only drawback is that I dont have music library and for me thats the hardest part putting it to music. It all good, let me know.

Craig

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'm in also! I have a couple in car cams and a helmet cam if that helps. They take bitchen footage we use them in our race cars. I also have footage of our barstow to vegas run now if we are trying to do a compilation.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
My only drawback is that I dont have music library and for me thats the hardest part putting it to music.
music should be no problem. i've lots of different kinds. i'm sure anyone that helps out with this project knows a few good tunes.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So here's the deal, so we have a few camera men, a DJ, and editor, a manager/ marketer (me, since it was my idead! lol), and now we need someone to help find dates for us to get together to make some magic now!!! So where do we start? Are all of us going to Glamis for the crash in March? I will def try! I should be there, but I think it would def be a good start to gain footage. Am I missing something? Is there anything else we need? If anyone needs to be paid and up front, It doesn't sound like our $0 budget will cut a check til after we get some good gigs. We'll need a good graphic artist to make a cover, and we can hit up all the Off Road shops to sell our vid!!!! That'll probably be the easiest part!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts