Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have an '09 FI 700 with 700 hrs and I was working on clearing a new gully yesterday and the first two times I rode through it, right as my front tires hit the bottom it died, I was just rolling down at slow speed and not touching the gas. Not like it bogged down or anything, just shut off. Ran through fine the third time and also on my other gullys too. It is done this every so often but very rarely and it always starts right back up and runs perfect. Oil is fresh and full and plug is clean. I know my gearshift linkage needs a slight adjustment but it is not bad. What else might I look for?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Not much to go on here - the only clues I see are rolling down hill (throttle at idle) and 700 hours engine time, so it may be something as simple as needing a throttle body clean and/or an additive like B-12 Chemtool added to the fuel. Start with the simple stuff first. Chemtool (available in liquid or spray) should be available at your local Walmart or auto parts - good stuff and been around longer than I have.. Also your Throttle Position Sensor may be set too low - just a thought.

·
Registered
505 Posts
you have a leanover device but thought it was just for fuel tank vent to close but there may be an electric switch so check that. You could have some trash in the tank which maybe clog the tank pickup... if there is any correlation to amount of fuel at those times?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will research the leanover deal to see if it needs adjusting, the other times it has done it was on level ground when I hit the gas after idling for a min. My tank has always been more than half full and it is all the way full now.

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
Its actually called a roll over valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts