Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Second time around would you NOT buy again for your Rhino?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Painted plastic and reverse offset rims knowing I was getting
long travel. I really wish I would have bought camo plastic
or did a rattle job like yours. I love the way mine looks but
it makes me on the cautios side when ridding in desert or Mts.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
This is truely why there are forums. If you do your homework then you won't make big mistakes. However there will always be something bigger and better that comes out after you spent the money.

I think an LT kit with shocks will be the hardest thing to buy. JMO.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i know what LT kit i'm going to be running as soon $funds$ come around...just wish i didn't get the BRP cdi, nothing has gone wrong with it,yet.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish I didnt spend so much on tires and wheels that dont work well in the sand and get punctures too easy in the desert. I bought Terracrap tires... they are good for short track I guess... but thats it.

I also wish I didnt get the BRP CDI first...

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
The part I have had the most trouble with is the Fabtech long travel. I don't regret buying it for a second though. I only regret buying it too soon after they started making it. I would buy it today, as they have fixed the issues that I had. Fabtech has stood behind thier product 100% for me, so it has just cost me some time. They went so far as to send me out new front shocks, free of charge, just on my word I would send the new ones back.

The part I really don't like is the BRP CDI. It is not so much hard starting as annoying starting. Once I learned how to start it, no problems.

·
Registered
168 Posts
All I have so far is RM Strator cdi and a billet exhaust tip with 26" bearclaw tires and tjd tracks for the winter. Don't have any regrets so far. I'm looking at stock replacement shocks next. Long travel is just too wide for our bushwacking trails up here but I still want better suspension for playing in the sand pits.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have over $10k in bullshit I've bought that sits at my shop. If I would've known I would've loved racing shortrack, I would've bought one Master craft only, and spared myself the headset communication thing, extra fiberglass body work I never ran yet, and a bunch of other stufffff!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I would have never bought 27" tires. Also, I would have started customizing my Rhino by adding Long Travel right off the bat.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
lets see.. brp cdi, edelbrock carb, epi clutch kit (brand new, unopened box for sale) stereo system.....i love the bighorns for desert, but not too good in sand.... trinity exhaust system, i think thats about it...

Greg

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would not have bought the sport edition rhino. I bought it becuase i liked the color and the idea of the piggy back shocks ( which do work better then stock) but would rather invested the extra doe for the lt kit and new suspension. But dont get me wrong no regrets i still love what i have so far...

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I wouldnt of got aftermarket shocks .... I would of put the money towards an LSR MTS +3 Kit with Bilsteins ...... Probably would of bought the 489's instead of the Terracross Tires .....

But the great thing is .... you can always sale your old stuff and try something new ..... to me that is half of the fun .... if not what would we talk and post about?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts