Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rhino caught on fire over the weekend. I didn't have a fire extinguisher just dirt that did nothing to put it out. SO I have a mess of metal left over. DO you think any parts are still usable?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
its happened to me a few times when i used to have the two brothers duals. one of the head pipes wrapped around and under the driveshaft. leaves and sticks that would gather on top of the skidplate were right there with the pipe. nothing major ever happened but it was something id have to keep an eye on, especially during the fall with lots of dry leaves around.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
This one wouldn't be it ...would it?

·
Registered
356 Posts
wow...deff gettin an extingusher!!!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Fire

That sucks!!!:sad5:

·
Registered
286 Posts
dang sorry to see that

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
That was about a week ago I believe on Jan 14th. It was a friends of some friends rhino.
They just purchased it used just before New Years. Not sure how many trips they had on it or if this was there first one. Think it was a 06 or 07.

It happened out in Havasu , AZ. Pretty sure close to Havasu landing. Not sure if this is the bat Caves your talking about

and yep, No insurance. :( Very sad indeed.

SHUPIN , I noticed this was your first post. I didn't know if this was your rhino or not??

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
If that one was yours, I wouldnt use a thing off it! !
i believe they left it there. The local ranger came by and said he'd call for a trash truck to come pick it up.
Pretty sad. To think you just bough it a month ago on;y took it out once or twice and then come home with nothing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That was about a week ago I believe on Jan 14th. It was a friends of some friends rhino.
They just purchased it used just before New Years. Not sure how many trips they had on it or if this was there first one. Think it was a 06 or 07.

It happened out in Havasu , AZ. Pretty sure close to Havasu landing. Not sure if this is the bat Caves your talking about

and yep, No insurance. :( Very sad indeed.

SHUPIN , I noticed this was your first post. I didn't know if this was your rhino or not??
Hate to see a total loss like that. Bummer.
Insurance on my 09 rhino 700 is 128.00 every six months. Well worth it. If mine would have caught on fire and an extinguisher wouldn't have put it out I'd just open a beer and enjoy the fire. Lol!!! Would be state farms baby after that. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
146 Posts
wow...deff gettin an extingusher!!!!
Amen to that!!

Really sorry. That really sucks! Definitely a poster for full coverage insurance. I think mine runs $16 a month.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts