Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a new 07 rhino sport,but are the rumors true about the 880?
i'd hate to buy the 660 then like three months later the 880 is out.i'd be
pissed.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
someone I know that has contacts with some aftermarket parts suppliers told him that they are making an 880.

But its all hearsay... who knows...

Now, if you have another source outside of me that might be more to substantiate the rumor.

Either way, Yamaha isnt going to release it even if it is true until late Sept/Early Oct.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Do you really think that Yamaha will come out with an 880 even though they are getting sued up the waaazoo? Or is that moot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard 880 from here,but the other day i was at my local dealer and mentioned
i was suprised yamaha didnt put the fuel injected 700 motor in it.The sales
guy said he heard they were working on something bigger than that.

just rumors i suppose.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Does yamaha even have anything in there line up with an 880 motor? I don't think so.

There would be no way that they would create a new motor just for the RHino.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Actually, the fuel injected 700 was the rumor I was hearing, this is the first I heard of the 880. Reguardless, if sales keep rising, I see over the next 10 years a bigger wheel base, stronger cages, better seat belts and a stock 1300 that does 80 mph. They did it on the water with the wave runner, I see no diff happening in time in the dirt.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I can see the 700 for sure. I didn't see any 880 motor on there site for anything...water, land, street.

·
Registered
235 Posts
did the 660 engine exist on any other Yamaha's before it was on the Raptor?
Grizzle? I dont really know but I heard it was on the Grizzle... although I think your point is that just because its the first thing with that motor doesnt mean it wouldnt be used on something else later.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
did the 660 engine exist on any other Yamaha's before it was on the Raptor?

I don't think so. I see where you are going with this. They could make a motor. But what I am saying is that is would be benificial for them to use the same motor in many different applications. Who knows, they have deep pockets anyhow. They build some of the best sound equipment in the world.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yamaha Apex 1000

Hey, just a side note to this discussion. I just posted on the glamis site asking why no one has put the Yamaha Apex motor into a rhino. The apex is a yamaha snowmobile pushing 150hp. Maybe this is the next motor in a rhino from the factory?

·
Registered
798 Posts
jesus...the rhino has what....20hp to the wheels?? and you want 150 in there?

youre gonna need some HUGE brakes.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Well, I threw a lil meetimg in Glamis with my friends at Yamaha Japan (Research and development). They were in town for the weekend, and I got a chance to show them whats up with my rhino. They've been asking about my rhino for months, so they finally got a chance to ride in it. They were telling me all the TOP SECRET stuff thats coming out in the next 20 years, and man are you guys in for a treat! By 2085, they should have released the 1,876,528cc rhino!!!! I don't know if I'll personally own a rhino anymore by then. I'll probably own the grave site next to my wifes, and I'll be in a better place! Where all the rhinos are perfect and there are no need for forums, cuz we all have all the answers!!!! So anyway I can't tell you much more. I promised not to tell!!!! Sorry!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts