Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the starter relay since it wouldn't start and jumping it with a pair of pliers would start it. After changing that out, it starts right up, but immediately dies and will not stay started. Could this be the wrong part or is something else the problem? It was running fine before the initial problem with the relay going bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There might be an issue with the ignition switch. I would check the wiring at the switch. And check and make sure you didn’t accidentally disconnect any wires or leave one unconnected when installing the relay.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the exact same issue, checked everything including fuel pump, filter, etc. still would not stay running. Then I got the bright idea to check the spark plug and it looked good, so decided to replace the plug and that was the problem all along, now runs great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So did it start and run fine before the starter relay failed? If I am reading it correctly when you jumped across the relay it would start and run fine until you shut it off. Check the key switch and wires closely. Was the relay plug and play or did you have to put the wires on studs and tighten the nut. Sounds like crossed wires but I'm not sure that's even possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts