Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I have a 2005 660 that will not start.Engine has good compression,good spark,with engine at TDC valves are closed(rock arms loose) timing mark line up on notch.I have the carb off and intake is sucking really hard.I can spray gas directley in intake but it will not even try to start.What am I missing.Thanks for any help. Glenn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This Rhino just quit. I have the carb off and sprayed gas into the intake.Only once in a while it will blow fire back through the intake.Could it be the CDI box.Installed and new CDI box 2 years ago.

Hope this helps

Thanks,Glenn

·
Registered
581 Posts
This Rhino just quit. I have the carb off and sprayed gas into the intake.Only once in a while it will blow fire back through the intake.Could it be the CDI box.Installed and new CDI box 2 years ago.

Hope this helps

Thanks,Glenn

I don't think it will ever start with the carb off. You will probably only get it to pop and backfire. Put the carb back on and start over.

·
Registered
647 Posts
My guess is a carb problem... junk in the jets, or stuck float?... not sure what taking the carb off did for your troubleshooting... it ain't gonna start without the carb!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checked the carb it is clean,reinstalled the carb but still will not start. Sprayed gas in the carb to no avail.Will only sometimes spit fire out of the carb.

Thanks Glenn :(

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Are you sure your carb has gas...

And you should not attempt to start it with the carb or air intake removed...

There should be no need to use any spray starter...

You have verified the spark...verify the fuel...

Next... check your timing...it could have a timing chain/tensioner problem or something and if the timing is way off it will never start...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts