Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2006 non-running Rhino and rebuilt the engine per the manual. I also rebuilt the carb. Now it runs so rich that it hydrolocks after it bogs down and I have to pull the spark plug and turn it over before I can start it again. I don't remember the numbers but I have put in the smallest jets I can find. It has a new fuel pump and the return line runs over the pump. I even runs rich with the fuel mixture screw closed all the way in. It has a new starter and battery. I even tried buying a new cheep Chinese carb with the same results. It is running with the same 50cal CDI it came with. I have added a K&N style air filter in the hope that more air would help burn more fuel. I figure someone on here will see what I have missed and give some idea of where I should look next.
Thanks,
Art

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
You say the return line runs over the pump, I know very little on the carb, but are the floats stuck open dumping fuel?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. the float seemed to be working correctly when I rebuilt the carb. The second carb I put on it acted the same way. I don't think both would have stuck floats. I'm not really a carb or tuning person so if some one can tell me an easy way to check the float i'll do it.

Thanks,
Art

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I don't think so. the float seemed to be working correctly when I rebuilt the carb. The second carb I put on it acted the same way. I don't think both would have stuck floats. I'm not really a carb or tuning person so if some one can tell me an easy way to check the float i'll do it.

Thanks,
Art
Some of the things that you mention are indicating a stuck float or similar. Here is a true test to verify that the float level is correct while running the fuel pump. See the post linked below:

http://www.rhinoforums.net/general-rhino-discussion/86738-starting-running-issue.html#post822898

1 - 5 of 5 Posts