Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 rhino hunter
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We took the rhino out for it first run and was doing great until we were heading back to the parking lot.
first the red light for the lower right gage came on( i assume from research this is the temp gage)
2.it went off after a min i would say and never came back on.
3.alll of the sudden tranny made weird noise and utv would not move. at this point i did see it over heat
4.got towed back to lot.
5.i started it up to try to see if it would move so i can get it on the trailer,well it went into gear ??
6. We got home and i tried it again and it workes fine now.
My question is there a safetly switch some where if it overheat or whatever that light inducates prevent the rhino from moving.and how does one check to see wghy read light came on?

·
Captain Zoom Sand Pirate
3,418 Posts
The "transmission Noise" and the over heating are unrelated. Over heating will not cause the it to lock it from moving. Just some random thoughts: Was the emergency brake on by chance? I have done that and had weird noises and would cause it not to move once that got hot. The sudden overheating. Are the radiator fins plugged or blocked? Is the coolant low? Looks like you have a little diagnosing to do.

·
Registered
06 rhino hunter
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "transmission Noise" and the over heating are unrelated. Over heating will not cause the it to lock it from moving. Just some random thoughts: Was the emergency brake on by chance? I have done that and had weird noises and would cause it not to move once that got hot. The sudden overheating. Are the radiator fins plugged or blocked? Is the coolant low? Looks like you have a little diagnosing to do.
i surrender bring unit to a dealer. I cn nor figure out the over heating issue. I found a yellow wire under the carb but did not see any place where it connects to or a loose wire for the other end of it.radiator is clear

·
Registered
07 686, msd cdi, twin-air filter, Tyrex shocks, stage 1 hot cam, lots of old school tuning tricks
106 Posts
That yellow wire under the carb is likely for the carb heater. There are actually 2 wires that connect to it. The heater is right on the bottom of the carb, doubt you can see it without loosening the carb and rotating it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts