Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, thanks for the add. I am looking for some help or suggestion re: my 2008 Rhino 660.
I bought it from a friend who took immaculate care of it and put every after market anything you could imagine on it. That being said, I have started to have a problem with accelerating at high elevation. I took it in to have it jetted (it used to run fine at 8500 ft all the time) after I had the oil changed, it started would sputter and won't go up a hill. I have had a new clutch put on it, I live at 2500 ft, but normally ride it at high elevation. Down home it will accelerate on a load without hesitation. I have researched about vaporlock, but it makes no sense to me that it's only at high altitude and the mechanic says it doesn't need to be jetted. Anyone have any ideas????? Thank you so much.

·
Holiday Winner!
577 Posts
Hi Charli, did you notice any other differences after your oil change? Are there any factors other than elevation that seem to make a difference, hot, cold, rapid throttle input vs pushing the gas slower? does it seem to run exactly the same at lower elevations as it did before? I know I am not much help here, but I am hoping to come up with another clue that can provide some direction...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts