Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member and thank you for this resource. I've read dozens of threads related to this, but still can't fix my issue. I have an 06 660 that I bought with and RMStator CDI. I maxed out around 40mph and it feels like it's still being rev limited at the top. I bought a MSD 4240 figuring it was a better CDI and hoping to get up closer around 50mph. I swapped out the RMStator with the stock CDI and then tried to run it to get a baseline speed. With just the stock CDI the machine falls on its face at 30mph. The reverse light begins blinking regularly after running in H for a short distance well before I hit 30mph. The reverse sensor is grounded as I get no reverse light indication in R. I have checked the grounding in multiple locations including direct from the CDI to the negative battery terminal. When I reconnect the reverse wire to the sensor, I get reverse light indication in R and it still blinks when in H. When I install either the RMStator or the Stock/MSD CDIs, the machine runs great with no reverse flashing and tops out at 40mph. Is there an underlying reason why I seem to be limited to 40mph with aftermarket CDI and is it related to my issue with just the stock CDI? The only other possibly related information is my speedo shows 0 so I'm assuming I have a bad speed sensor circuit, but from everything I've read here replacing that does not fix this. Any help please since I'm out of ideas at this point. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
funny sounds like my cutting out problem ,

my next things to check are timing , stator , leak down test ,

some say take the reverse ground wire and ground it right to the frame see if that helps - it didnt help me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts