Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. so I bought a 2008 700 this year and lost my reverse gear during plowing. After searchin' around the web, it seems that my problem is most probably a bad bushing on the reverse gear which lets it slip out of place, so I've found the upgrade kit and will be ordering one soon.

But, my main question is for all you veteran owners who've been through pulling the engine and splitting the case. Since I've got to open this engine up, what else should I definitely be replacing at this time, whether it's because it's prone to failure or a better up grade is out there.

My other question is whether a superior stator exists to replace the OEM on this machine.

Will appreciate any and all advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm new to Rhino's as well. I just tore down a 2007 450. I can't think of anything beyond the normal rebuild items. If I come across something on assembly, will let you know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
New member here. so I bought a 2008 700 this year and lost my reverse gear during plowing. After searchin' around the web, it seems that my problem is most probably a bad bushing on the reverse gear which lets it slip out of place, so I've found the upgrade kit and will be ordering one soon.

But, my main question is for all you veteran owners who've been through pulling the engine and splitting the case. Since I've got to open this engine up, what else should I definitely be replacing at this time, whether it's because it's prone to failure or a better up grade is out there.

My other question is whether a superior stator exists to replace the OEM on this machine.

Will appreciate any and all advice.
Same thing happened to me last winter. Blew reverse gear. Since you are basically taking the engine apart and might as well do a complete rebuild on the engine. That is what I did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts