Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first ride and I ran something through the sidewall. I was going to order one tire to replace it. IT has Carlisle 26x8-12 and 26x10-12 on it now. But as I was looking they are pretty old and while searching the net found that these are 3 ply tires. I am guessing that the old 3 ply tires is why the stick punctured the sidewall so easily.

As far as I know everything on the motor and clutches and sheeves(I had to read up on this to even halfway understand what y'all are talking about)
Should I go back to the 25 tires that can on it from the factory? What pattern would work best for me, all the riding will a mile or so each way on a gravel road, then dirt roads and mud.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
There are better choices than the stock tires, If you ride a ton of mud then you want a open lug to help clean the mud out. Myself I fun hard pack and rock trails no mud. I run 26"x9"x 12" on all 4 corners. A043 SunF tires, they make a tread types. You can check out all brands of tires on Ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up going with the Kenda BearClaw K299 tires and back with the original sizes: 25x8-12 and 25x10-12. Maybe its my imagination but it seems to pull much better with the smaller tires, or maybe its just that its getting run regularly now and has cleaned out the fuel system. I did also run a can of SeaFoam through it. I did do half of the can in one tank full and the other over the next. These tires work great in the clay mud that we have here. The wide spaced tread is great for self-cleaning and gripping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts