Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha Rhino 660, Explorer, new Progressive 429 Shocks
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've heard all the information pro and con on electric fuel pumps and decided to go the electric fuel pump route so, I replaced my fuel pump with the Mr. Gasket 42S Electric Fuel Pump. It was slow grinding before and now it starts right up.

Mr. Gasket 42S Electric Fuel Pump
Holley 12-804 Reg, Fuel Press 1-4 Psi
Solimeta 1-1/2" Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge, 0-15 psi
Riyiter 5pcs 5/16" Fuel Filters Industrial Universal Tractors Cars Trucks Motorcycles RV's gas powered engine Inline Gas
Fuel line 5/16" - 4 ft
Fuel Line 1/4" - 2 ft
Stens New Fuel Line 115-524 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD - used only to replace all vent lines

She starts right up now, appears to run well, and no longer needs the choke to start. I'm in Florida so it may be different when I take it north in the winter.

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha Rhino 660, Explorer, new Progressive 429 Shocks
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll get some photos as soon as I hook up the flow regulator. I had to order the fittings, no one had the size I need locally and the vendor sent the wrong fittings. Hopefully, I'll have everything in and completed this weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So a simple fix to the long cranking to start because of lack of fuel in lines is to add a fuel bulb pump like small outboard motors and fuel tanks have. If I havent started it in a few days, I give it a couple squeezes and it starts right up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts