Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing about people removing the bed on there rhinos because of weight. As much as id like to keep the bed on my rhino if it indeed does weigh around 200+lbs. I could see some benefit in ditchingit and just running plastics. I notice a difference just having someone in the passenger seat.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's NOT 200lbs.

Im a skinny little [email protected]$k and i have pick mine up by myself :) it's morre like around 70lbs.

But running it without the bed does help a stock rhino. we tried it this last weekend out at Glamis after my buddy rolled his and smashed his bed all up. (that's another story w/pic's to come!) lol

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ya its not 200lbs, but still heavy.I took it off myself last night . I'm going to just use the plastic sides of the bed.It will look like I have a bed but not the weight!! i'm a total fab rookie so you all can laugh at me when im done!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
i just removed my bed the other day, so i can throw it up on the shop scale tomorrow for an exact weight.

I'm guessing 70lbs may not be far off, but it does feel like 200 lbs being all bulky and ackward to pick up by yourself.

I figured atleast the weight savings will offset the weight of the additional bracing and cage material, not to mention allow me to widen the plastics so the tires dont look too "insert deragatory adjective here" with the long travel.

·
Registered
463 Posts
bed w/ tailgate weighs 109 lbs (no plastic skins)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bed w/ tailgate weighs 109 lbs (no plastic skins)
thanks for confirming that. When I first read 200lbs I was sceptical too. It seemed a little much. 109 sounds more like it.

Still debating on if its worth it. I like having the bed but dropping 109lbs would be a noticable difference.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
so drive around with it off for awhile and see how you like it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts