Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove the cover to get access to my primary and secondary sheaves. I've got the cover loose but can't get it out of the way. I have an 06 660. Do I need to remove the brace that runs under the shift lever from each seat frame? It seems that the seat frames are welded in place at the bottom. Any suggestions? Video's?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have an 06 and all I do is remove the bolt that holds the cooling line in place at the bottom and push down out of the way. Then roll the cover down and bring up thru the driver seat opening. Hope this helps!
Tim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That did it thanks. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else I was supposed to remove. Just had to snake it out of there. Thanks for the help. I did find a decent video on Youtube from UTV Inc. on getting the primary and secondary sheaves removed. It was helpful.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i modified my seat bracket/bar to make it removeable to get the secondary out. We tried everything to get the motor to move over to get the clutch out with no sucess (other than unbolting the motor).

i ended up cutting the bar out the way, welding some angle iron to each end, and drilling holes/bolting it back onto the part the bar that was still attached to the rhino. here is some pics

·
Registered
161 Posts
The inner seat brace unbolts on the 700, but not on the 660. Much more of a battle on the 660

I helped a buddy replace his belt, an was pissed that it wasn't as easy an my 700

Great job on making the brace unbolt!

·
Registered
815 Posts
i modified my seat bracket/bar to make it removeable to get the secondary out. We tried everything to get the motor to move over to get the clutch out with no sucess (other than unbolting the motor).

i ended up cutting the bar out the way, welding some angle iron to each end, and drilling holes/bolting it back onto the part the bar that was still attached to the rhino. here is some pics

ha ha i cut my frame the same way,sure makes things easier!!!:banana:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts