Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble getting the axle out of the cv. Is there a trick or somthing that i am missing?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
187 Posts
For the inner CV on a 700 you need to unclip the retaining ring in the bearing race of the CV.

The outside CV (wheel/spindle side) you need to put the axle in a vice with the cv facing down and hit the edge of the cv housing with a large deadblow hammer. It will pop right off. We usually have one person holding the splines under the cv and have someone else strike the edge of the cv. It'll come right off with a good heavy deadblow and a solid follow through.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks. I've been betting the hell out of it. I'll go and let the wife hit it and she if she can get it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
We have 2 deadblow hammers and the small one is almost impossible to use. A large one will pop it right off. If you have someone help, have them slightly pull down on the spline so the c-clip is already against the bearing and it helps if it's slightly turned so you get a good angle at the edge of the CV. Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it, thanks for the help. I didn't know if i was going to break something giving it hell like that. The c clip was broken. Those cv can take a beating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts