Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

remove motor to get the cvt pulleys off????

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Rhinosport07 
#1 ·
swamped the rhino last weekend at BUSCO Beach, filled cvt with mud, the front pulley hitts the seat frame and won't come off, book says to remove motor, am i doing something wrong, looks like i could cut off 1/4 of the shaft that sticks out past the lock nut to get off, also book calls for grizzley grease, dealer says and only has ultramatic grease, also the outer support bearing calls for lithuim soap grease, what do u use

#2 ·
You can gring the excess shaft off and it will be easy to remove the front pulley, Or have a buddy pull the cylinder towards the passenger side. High temp disk brake wheel bearing grease is what most guys use.

#5 ·
i just cut the seat support bar, welded angle iron to the ends i cut, and bolted the other end back to the rhino. That bar on the 700 is removable so i made mine removeable lol.

next time i pull it off i will take better pics.

#7 ·
yea but now i dont have to worry about it. 2 bolts and its out of my way. it is definilty one of my favorite "mods" i have done to it.

i watched the video that shows a guy pullin on the motor to get it out the way. i have one guy pullin on the motor and one pushing, and it didnt move enough

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.