Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finished my snorkels, with no help from internet because for some reason nobody has posted a 700 setup with all snorkels in rear. So here is my with some pics.Will be testing this weekend at Mud Jam:bike4:

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
That is definitly different. We have had a couple ideas on doing all rear snorkels on a 700, just never had one to do...we were goin to do away with the airbox and stock tubing completely and run a filter on top of the snorkel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm diggin it. So can you post an up close pic of how you modified the engine cover at the back for the snorkels?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Exactly what I am looking for... I am doing mine tonight! See you at Mud Jam!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
he moved his airbox from under the hood to under the driver's seat. Sealed it and ran piping to his snorkels. Look at the pictures in the first post.

·
Registered
190 Posts
2 more things parts list and what is the line on the floor for thanks
The hose on the floor is going to the pipe going to the air box at the intake manifold. It usually has a pipe running beside the frt driveshaft from the air filter box to the engine.
It's just shorter now from under the seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Parts List

Here is a parts list of what i used and a pic of snorkels together off of Rhino. They do make the PVC in black just couldn't find it so painted mine.

2" PVC Parts, 1-10' section, 1-22deg fitting, 4-90deg fittings
1-90deg street fitting(this i put on bottom of airbox and screwed it in place to make solid before sealing)
1-rubber 90deg fitting
1-45deg street fitting(this goes from air box up to rear section)
4' of SPA Hose(can buy a Home Depot)

1 1/2" PVC Parts, 1-10' section, 5-90deg fittings, 2-22deg, 2-45deg, 2-2" to 1 1/2 reducers(these connect to existing connection on belt. i cut small section off factory snorkel to help reducers fit tighter), 4' of 1 1/2" spa hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
removing air chamber

you dont want to remove it, but you could replace it. if you get rid of it completely your rhino may starve for air when you initially hammer down on the throttle. i am thinking about rebuilding mine out of a section of 4"-6" PVC.

·
Registered
268 Posts
so what size comes out of the airbox, I have seen pics of 1.5" coming out both sides and up the roll cage in the front, but not like this

1 - 18 of 18 Posts