Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i put a new A/F screw or Pilot screw. whatever ya wanna call it. and i put a new vacuum diaphragm in it. i tightened the A/F all the way in and back out 2.5 turns. i put the screw on top, washer on it, then the spring and then the black rubber peice i dropped down in the hole. seated the diaphragm and put the plastic c-clip on it and tightened down the metal top cap. anything i did wrong? i tried to start it wide open then let off with nothin.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so just keep turnin it over? i kept turnin it over for about 4 mins or so. need to do more?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aight ill try that thanks

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aight will do. gotta find some start fluid

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres a question, would a FMF slip on require rejet?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
she runs! had to reseat the diaphragm then after about 1 min it started but ran like crap for about 2 mins then slowly cleared up. now it got WAY better throttle response (it was real bad before, had to get on it about 40% to get haulin. before that was drag ass time lol) now just touch it and itll knock ya back a bit. but now when i get on the gas the headers turn the color of hot coals in about 15 secs. and when i let off they cool back down. that normal or is it lean?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also forgot to mention when i shut it off it makes a quiet lil pop. almost like a poping burp. but its always done that

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope stock exhaust and air intake and box currently. That means it's been lean since I got it about a year ago

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
AHHHH :banghead:

so today she acts completly different... didnt wanna start at first. with the choke on it idles really high and after a couple secs the engine starts to knock a bit. when i drop the choke it will idle like normally (its never idled more than 2 mins before, even with the idle way up.) but if i try to put the choke back on it dies. when i get on the gas with no choke it stammers and blubbers a bunch (only in gear, in N itll rev up fairly well, in gear i can get to 5mph when it starts to blubber). if a cover half of the intake to the airbox it runs great. now could it be lean because i dont have the "dog box" on it? when i was trying to snorkel it i found that whenever i ran it without the "dog box" it would run like crap, but also like crap with the snorkels. also the pipes arent red during the day. look like they normally do. ill check the plug here in a few mins and upload pics as soon as i can. thanks for the help (edit) forget the part about it idling ok... it dont. idles for about 3-4 mins

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
heres a pic of the plug

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
looks good to me

I dont always put a signature, but when I do it goes here

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Houston we have a problem im about to upload. new issue with the same issue

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just take a look at it if ya would

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.