Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add some gun racks to my Rhino for sporting clays.

I want to hold at least two shotguns (so maybe multiple racks?) and at most 4.

I'd need to keep use of the bed, so maybe get/modify them to be removable if that's how I go.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or preferences?

Thanks!

·
Registered
559 Posts
i use the kolpin gun mount that mounts to the floor of the rhino, keeps the guns accessible and out of the elements. Needs a little modifying to get it to fit, but once you get it installed it works great!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i use the kolpin gun mount that mounts to the floor of the rhino, keeps the guns accessible and out of the elements. Needs a little modifying to get it to fit, but once you get it installed it works great!
I just found them on sale and ordered two for $150. :) Pretty happy with that.

My plan is to make a hitch mounted platform and bolt them both to it. Then I can put the hitch on the front or back of my Rhino depending on what else I am doing and where I want the guns, or remove it when not in use.

I will take pictures and let everyone know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been looking for something besides my gun-boot and have been checking out the Koplin Rhino Grip XL UTV mount. I have a Big Sky rack in my truck and wanted to have something over head for the Rhino also.
Matt, what did you need to modify on yours? I am considering those as well.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've been looking for something besides my gun-boot and have been checking out the Koplin Rhino Grip XL UTV mount. I have a Big Sky rack in my truck and wanted to have something over head for the Rhino also.
Matt, what did you need to modify on yours? I am considering those as well.
I guess by modify i mean that the way they tell you to mount it didnt work for me. In my 08, the base sits as close to the seam of the cup holders and the floor board as it can. I drilled two holes down through the fram and ran carriage bolts up from the bottom, it is rock solid and fits two guns perfect. at first it looks like the passenger is crampt, but im 6'6" and 275, and i sit comfortable in there with the guns. If interested i can get some pics or the placement.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just bought a Quad Gear heavily padded case from Walmart on-line. They had the best price at around $60. It holds two guns (one from each side) and straps to the upper back of the roll cage. I like it a lot.

These looked good, except for the reviews said it is not water proof, a little sealer would work good, but i couldnt get it to work with my rear window.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got this soft two place padded rifle case for my Rhino....
Cabelas for $100....the camo faded & looks like sh#$&^...wish they had them in black....lots of spare pockets for extra stuff...I usually carry one scoped rifle with me....lots of coyotes in my parts....
Oh yea...I got the big half of my bull elk in this pic from last month...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thats a good looking bull!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally finished building mine, so wanted to share some pictures.

It's two Kolpin mounts that I got on sale from Gander Mountain. Bolted them to a plate and welded that to a hitch mount I made. The square piece behind is an extension. The basic set up fits in my front hitch mount on the Rhino for when I am doing sporting clays, this way I can see the guns and make sure we remember to strap them in each time before moving. The extension allows me to move the mount to the rear hitch if I am out in the woods, and I can just use another pin and the cinch bolt to keep it in place.

I'll be using it this weekend and let everyone know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the Rutting Rhino Harness bar and I ended up attaching the Kolpin Gun Grips to it and mounting my rifle right behind me above the bed. It worked good for what I needed it for but I think I might get the gun boot and attach it to the harness bar because of the dust.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just got building a gun rack for my rhino it mounts in front of engine cover between riders. It was made for easy access. It holds my ar15 or my 338 lapua mag. I built it so I can lock gun in rhino if need be it also has two cup holders. Gotta have those. I think I got 50 dollars into it. It is rock steady. My deal was easy access and being able to carry big guns.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just mounted it up over lunch.

Not the greatest images but they show the versatility I was looking for.

I may end up needing to offset the cross brace (or just remove it) for some of my guns to fit in the inside locations. It depends on which way around you put the gun in, and I don't like that.

Otherwise I am very happy with it so far.

I'll test it this weekend and get some better pictures. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Looks good. May get a little dusty when on the rear, check out the silicon gun socks, might keep the guns a little more dust free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.