Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In brief: I'm hunting a nice rearview mirror. Thought I saw one on here a while back..17" x 3" convex style? Dont need billet.
Also, I have stock Headlights. As much as I hate to say it, the snow will be here before I no it. I'd like to get better lighting for plowing. Should I upgrade the factory lights to HID's? Or leave them alone and add a couple "eagle eyes" or something like that.
As always, all input is much appreciated!
Thx! Rich

·
Banned
401 Posts
10 inch light bar , ;-)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just pick up an eBay HID conversion. I think I paid 30 dollars for mine and they have worked very well, super bright. As far as the mirror, I am looking for an option on that as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got the HID and they are really great

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The HID conversions are really a ton better than stock! You can also do a couple small lights on the bumper, or even better, on the A-pillar.

If you want a cheap convex rear view mirror, look at the circle track suppliers. They have some decent ones that just clamp to the cage with some hose clamps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you guys using the single beam HID? or getting the high and low beam ones...

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I got mine way before they had high/low beams. But I don't really ride around where Id need the low beams.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Most review mirrors sold are garbage. All my buddies who bought them are pissed because they cracked right away. I got an old review mirror out of a car and added a bracket to mount it. It works fine and is still in one piece.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My convex rearview mirror was intended for a bicycle. I think it's a bit large for a bike (about 4" square, and slightly narrower on the bottom), but it's great for the Rhino. My friend Scott (on here as Wanderers) made a clamp-type bracket from light-gauge steel that wraps around the front roll-cage cross-member, and the mast bolts to it. The mirror back is black, the mast is black, and the clamp was painted black. Total cost around $6 and works great.

I second the LED bar option. I am looking at aux lighting myself, and also considered a couple of Rigid D2 Dually lights for the A-pillars, but after a lot of research and thinking about what I ultimately wanted, I believe I'll be buying a 40" Rigid SR-series LED bar mounted above the windshield and below the roof, rather than get a smaller bar "for now".

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the input guys! I ended up finding a car rearview mirror in my garage. Think I'll fabricate a bracket and see how that works. Also, like the idea of the HID factory replacment lights might be the ticket!
Rich

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Rich since you are already a customer I'll give you a really good deal on the billet mirror you don't THINK you need...lol...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.