Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found slack in the rear knuckle bushings and ordered kits before I disassembled the knuckle at the arms. The kits came and I took the bolts out of the bushings to find that the replacements evidently require machining the knuckle oversize to accept the new bushings. I wasn't expecting that. I need a little advice. Is a machine shop the only alternative, or is there a home brew work-around? Also, the new bushings have a lip on them that will make the width of the bushing knuckle wider than the A-arm. Am I to remove an equal amount from the width of the knuckle at the bushing hole? Thanks for any tips.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took the knuckles to a machinist to fit the bushings in the kit. It turns out that the knuckles had steel sleeves in them that came out when he started to bore them out. That left only reducing the width of the knuckle at the bushing hole. After that, everything went back together quickly.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well son, join the club! That seems to be the tried & true method of acquiring skills that stick with you for a long time. Most every skill I have was acquired through a lot of trial & error...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts