Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2004 Rhino and like it quite a bit save two problems. It is too loud because of a cheap replacement exhaust, and it tears up the yard and gravel driveways because the rear end does not have a differential.
So I am considering buying a newer one, or one of these Chinese knock-offs I keep seeing.
But they all seem to have the same issue with no diff in the rear.
Can someone point me in the right direction to get a newer one with a diff or some aftermarket solution to that problem?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Administrator
2,258 Posts
So I am considering buying a newer one, or one of these Chinese knock-offs I keep seeing.

Thanks,
Brian
Polaris and CanAm both have machines with open rear diffs, but I am imagining you're after a machine that isn't in the higher $$$ bracket like they are.

Take a look at this one...Googled it in 10 seconds so there are probably more knockoffs out there because of the demand for less tire scrubbing....

Also, go into our main forum and open up the sub-forum " Other Side by Side Vehicles". You will see several "knockoffs" (ODES being one of them) so you can determine if they could suit your needs/price point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, #40fan I did not know to search for "Open Diff" I did find the discussions. And yes, LBR I don't want to have a ton of money tied up in, what for me, is an occasional use toy. I will look into these ODES models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2004 Rhino and like it quite a bit save two problems. It is too loud because of a cheap replacement exhaust, and it tears up the yard and gravel driveways because the rear end does not have a differential.
But they all seem to have the same issue with no diff in the rear.
Can someone point me in the right direction to get a newer one with a diff or some aftermarket solution to that problem?

Thanks,
Brian
Honda Pioneer 520 has a “lawn” mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts