Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 Rhino 660.

Due to a broken frame in the back where the read differential mounts I ended up with a chewed up drive shaft splines. The tip is basically all chewed up, good news is the drive boss and sleeve are actually fine (I replaced the sleeve anyway). I put it all back together but the little circlip sleeve retainer keeps popping off and that sleeps slips back into the drive boss and the drive shaft spins freely, so I guess I need to replace the drive shaft as that groove the circlip sits in must not be in good enough shape to keep it from popping off. Everywhere I look seems to indicate that the drive shaft simply slides out of the transmission, however I remember pulling on it handily when I had everything taken apart and it didn't slide out. I don't see any type of retention mechanism on the drive shaft parts schematic, just a spring wedged in front of it. I figure it'd be a good idea to check here and see if anyone can say for sure before I go tearing into the thing again. It's on an island at the coast with no shop so I don't have the luxury of tearing into it and leaving it, due to the environment it's got to be put back together to protect internal parts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts