Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 660 new to me. Its a “mechanic’s special” and i have been working through numerous issues and one of them is the rear diff. Its pretty obvious that the diff thats on the machine isnt original. I have only driven it a few miles since i have owned it. I have had it up to 30-35 mph and it rides smooth. See pics the rear axles come in contact with springs when under load. My question is how would i go about fixing this? It seems as though the gearbox should be further toward the rear so the axles will clear the springs like they are supposed to.

Im not a mechanic just kind of figuring things out as i go.

This forum and all you members posting your problems and following up after things are fixed has really helped me out alot so thank you guys a million.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Start with a lonestar racing rear gusset kit to get you lined up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Yep, someone butchered your mounts after the originals cracked. There is a guy on the facebook rhino page that sells a nice kit you weld in which would help fix this problem and get the diff back where it should be. The axles are pretty darn close to the shocks normally, but should not rub. I'm not sure how to check, but I hear if you install the rear knuckles upside down, it will cause an issue with the axles also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts