Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some searching here and most of the posts are pretty dated with regards to cage systems that still allow you to dump the bed to perform maintenance, etc.

I have a stock 11 700, well not so stock any more, and I am looking to:

1) Keep the factory cage,
2) Have a bolt-on rear cage that maximizes space and
allows the bed to dump with the cage still on.

From what I can tell, there is considerable arguement as to the safety of the bolt-on rear cage. For the most part, and what most people state, I would only be cruising with passengers in the rear from 5-25MPH. No jumping or BS like that. Knowing that poo poo happens all the time and Mr. Murphy and his law always get in the way, I still would like as safe as possible.

I have a budget of $1300, this includes shipping, and I need the cage, seat and safety harness. Looking for a good deal and I am in the Phoenix, AZ area.

Can someone point me in the right direction and provide feedback?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check out rhinogiant.com

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out rhinogiant.com
I have looked at Rhino Giant but what I can't tell is what I have to remove to actually tilt the bed. I would dread having to spend 20-30 minutes on just the cage alone to perform an oil filter change.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah that is true, I can't tilt my bed either without taking the cage off, changing the oil filter is easy without tilting, its the cleaning of the a arms and everything else after playing in mud that I don't like. Could have sworn I say one on rhinogiant. Might have been yamaharhino.com or another site. I'll look around and post if I find it again.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check out fergfab.com, the gen 3 bolt on looks sweet, don't know if that is what you would be interested in, but it might be worth an email or a call to question the strength of it in a roller. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out fergfab.com, the gen 3 bolt on looks sweet, don't know if that is what you would be interested in, but it might be worth an email or a call to question the strength of it in a roller. Hope this helps.
Or worth the drive down to take a look since I am in the Phoenix area. I am intrigued but I wish one of these sites would work and have the latest information! :aargh4:

Other than the 8.8% tax, I think I would save $$ vs. the shipping from CA or UT.

Thanks for finding this and I'll let everyone know what I find.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i dont know how much the cage difference is bewteen the 06 and the new one you have but mine bolts into my stock cage and then down under the bed by the receiver hitch.i can still dump the bed and mine has a rear bumper intergrated into it with a safety bar so when its closed the bed cant dump.i only paid 250 bucks for the cage.the guy was a certified welder and had like 12 of them.he was in northern utah.if interested i can send you some pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts