Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help guide me in the right direction. Its gonna be a long thread but I would rather give as many details as I can up front. I purchased a 2007 660 last January. It had 2500 miles on it and ran great. The previous owner had only modified the intake to a S&B under seat K&N filter kit. He also had someone cut, bend and weld the cam plate for a little performance. It ran pretty good. I wanted a little more so I put a Weller high volume fuel pump & hose kit and MSD Speed box. It now really ran good. It had a 40 pilot jet, 170 main, stock needle position and 2 turns out. The problem was my filter would get so dirty I was having to clean it 3 times a weekend because it was under the seat eating the fine Utah powder dust we love so much. I ordered a 700 cam plate, 14 gram greaseless weights and an orange spring from JBS. I also decided "I can engineer something better for the intake so it wont eat so much dust". I built a big plexiglass box, mounted it between the frame rails, sealed the top of the box to the hood, cut a hole in the hood, put a hood scoop on it, installed a 4" neck UNI filter, ran 3" abs from the box to a CFM brand plenum, I put a 45 pilot jet in it and thought I would give it a try. It idles pretty good and seems to run pretty good out on the street at my house. I went out for a ride about 1000 feet higher in elevation from my home and it ran like it had half throttle. I pulled the plug and it was soaked with fuel. I purchased a wideband air/fuel gauge (AEM) and thought I will be able to figure this out. My air fuel gauge at an idle varies from 12.5-18. I have searched for vacuum leaks and cant find any. I am waiting on my Mikuni jet kit so I can start tinkering with the jets and needle position. Anybody have any ideas???

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
its fat, post a pic of the air cleaner contraption you made, it could be soo restrictive like a snorkel kit that getting air into the motor is pointless while using it....also what did u do with the cv tube,did u plug it on the carb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts