Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post some starting pics of my RC51 race project. I got out from behind the desk and started fabricating. Not quite as extreme as some other posts but its my first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just gonna let the fuel soak through the seats into the tank.. Just kidding. Ha Ha. I am going to weld a filler neck off the back of one of the tanks and run a large crossover tube to the other. The motor is fuel injected so both tanks will be under pressure when the pump is on. Just wanted to try something different plus I have tons of bed room now for tires or a cooler when at the dunes. The motor is 120hp.

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,198 Posts
Are the fuel cells custom or standard sized. I've looked all over for fuel cells that are small enough to fit in stock location and allow a seat drop.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I'm just gonna let the fuel soak through the seats into the tank.. Just kidding. Ha Ha. I am going to weld a filler neck off the back of one of the tanks and run a large crossover tube to the other. The motor is fuel injected so both tanks will be under pressure when the pump is on. Just wanted to try something different plus I have tons of bed room now for tires or a cooler when at the dunes. The motor is 120hp.
Cool, sounds great! 120 HP should be fun!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
i need an update..i have already beat off to these pics a few times...lol

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Who's rhino is that? I always like to see other conversion rhinos and see how they run their drive system.....

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have seen Jeffco diff's - back when I was shopping around for one before we decided to go to a straight chain drive set-up.....but I haven't seen his rhino yet!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
chain off the motor to a rear differential set up for chain drive, with brake caliper and two axle shafts out each side.. like the mini sand cars that use motorcycle engines.. w/ reverse

g-

·
Registered
47 Posts
ok im trying to go the way Weller Racing did theres but i have emailed them to see if they will sell a kit but they have never answered me back and tried to call but no answer. i can get the material and Hinson racing could do the splines but it would be nice to buy a kit. also i am going with the Gear One rear spindle and disc brake setup... pricey but i think it will be way better than stock and brake in center less stress on the axle i think

1 - 20 of 49 Posts