Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Am a new member to the rhino forums. Thought you guys could give your two cents of what my situation is, and answer a few tech questions.

First off, I just relocated my rad behind my head rests, On my 09 700. Am guessing the stock water pump is fine for pumping the coolant that high? Is it fine that i took out my resevior container? and just tubed the over flow down into the skidplates below the seat?

I have a Daytona temp gauge on mine, I tubed into my 7/8 silicon heater hose. just wondering if the accuracy off it will be throw out of wack seeing that I placed in under the center cover. But I dont think It will cause it definitly doesnt get to the 90 C under there I dont think.

Just thought I ask for abit of advice with my situation, or something i could improve on as well.

Thanks in advice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Water pump will be fine as long as the system has no air in it. You'll know if you get air in system if the temp spikes. If you are maticulas about bleeding the cooling system when you have to open it up, all will be well.

Make sure your temp gage sensor is as close to the pump on the out going side of motor as possible and it should be fine.

As far as overflow with out a tank is concerned just make sure you check levels regularly incase you do lose fluids.

·
Registered
119 Posts
put your over flow tank back on i mounted mine right next to the filler neck
here is mine

ive had it like this for a little over a year no problems ever runs way cooler and acts as a cab heater when i fold up the windscreen

·
Registered
247 Posts
You need your overflow or your going to lose fluid. As your fluid heats up, it expands. This creates pressure in your rad. The rad cap has a rating on it. This will open at a certain pressure, and allow for fluid to escape into the overflow/resi. The cap will stay open for a bit, as it cools down a bit, the fluid is sucked back into the rad, till your at the point where the pressure wont hold the rad cap open anymore. And it closes. But the rad is full of fluid.

Without the resi, as the fluid cools a bit, air is gonna be sucked into the rad, then the cap will close. This will cause you to have low levels inside the rad itself, hurt cooling, and your gonna overheat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts