Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raced my brothers 4 seater long travel 800 rotax against my 4 seater long travel 912 rotax and it was a dead even race!!! My wibeband is reading 10.1 so I know I'm rich but am I loosing that much power being rich? I should be in the 13.1 range. Plus my Dalton clutch set up sucks ass. I have a feeling I'm just burning my belt up. Any thoughts?

By the way anyone have any luck with the Dalton kit and certain helix setups?

My kit is a 912 not 914 (dumb ass) plus gen 2 cams

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
No question your are pig rich at 10:1....

Killing your acceleration big time...

Also...you know that in a high lb/hp cvt driven vehicle that displacement isn't everything...it's how the whole package is dialed in...a/f and cvt optimization make a big difference...gearing too...get shorter tires... lol

·
Administrator
2,240 Posts
Raced my brothers 4 seater long travel 800 rotax against my 4 seater long travel 912 rotax and it was a dead even race!!! My wibeband is reading 10.1 so I know I'm rich but am I loosing that much power being rich? I should be in the 13.1 range. Plus my Dalton clutch set up sucks ass. I have a feeling I'm just burning my belt up. Any thoughts?

By the way anyone have any luck with the Dalton kit and certain helix setups?

My kit is a 912 not 914 (dumb ass) plus gen 2 cams
My clutch setup now is the Dalton 800R kit with heavy steel rivets, G/Y primary and stock outty secondary spring with a 650 helix...just ordered more springs yesterday so am going to experiment some ...

I'll put in the Y/R primary spring and replace the steel slugs with the .85 g aluminum weights and also my new Y/B secondary spring and 650 helix....should be a hole shot mofo and alter the shiftout better for my duneing

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
841 Posts
yep id say your way out of tune and your clutch is way off. my 912 is huge over my stock 800. what are you running for a tuner?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep id say your way out of tune and your clutch is way off. my 912 is huge over my stock 800. what are you running for a tuner?
Running PC3, I think Brian B is going to help me out. Throw it up on the dyno and play with the cells. I'm running just some 912 rough tune. I know from my LS motor tuning days 10.1 air fuel is WAY rich.

Need a CVtech also. Mush what r running for clutches? Also I wonder if your tune would be a good starting point for me, assuming your using a pc3

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Running PC3, I think Brian B is going to help me out. Throw it up on the dyno and play with the cells. I'm running just some 912 rough tune. I know from my LS motor tuning days 10.1 air fuel is WAY rich.

Need a CVtech also. Mush what r running for clutches? Also I wonder if your tune would be a good starting point for me, assuming your using a pc3
Getting ready to install a qsc primary and try that out I have been running stock/Dalton kit for a few years and it's been working pretty good. After the clutch I will get it tuned on a dyno I run a pc5 with auto tune I want to get a dyno tune so I can compare it to my auto tune and see where I'm at.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you feel like your pc5 auto tune is not working for you? Do you have a wideband on it? If so are you at a steady 13.1? My brother also has a rhintax and he has a pc5 with a auto tune box, I have been tempted to order a pc5 and use his auto tune to get mine perfect. Just haven't heard from anyone that went that route with a BBK. Let me know what you think.

Btw I was told with out a good clutch on a BBK rotax we are only getting have of the benefit of the new found power.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I think the auto tune is a bit misleading. It doesn't automatically make a tune for you. It works in conjunction with the PC. Once you set the fuel table on the PC, the auto tune will then create a closed loop and it will keep your AFR right where you set it. You still need to create the fuel map though.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Do you feel like your pc5 auto tune is not working for you? Do you have a wideband on it? If so are you at a steady 13.1? My brother also has a rhintax and he has a pc5 with a auto tune box, I have been tempted to order a pc5 and use his auto tune to get mine perfect. Just haven't heard from anyone that went that route with a BBK. Let me know what you think.

Btw I was told with out a good clutch on a BBK rotax we are only getting have of the benefit of the new found power.
Honestly I think it gets u a decent baseline at best if your a tuner u can go in and tweak the cells as needed that's why I want to dyno tune as well u never know if your sensor is bad or whatever. I paid for the bbk and I want to see it maximized IMO so I guess to answer tour question ya they work pretty good for the average person but if your a tuner it would get even better. As far as the clutch I can totally feel my motor is to strong formthe clutch at times but I found a sweet used qsc for half price I just can't see spending the coin on a STM right now I know there nice but come on with that price tag.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The maps put together by PC is what gives you the good baseline. I agree. But the Auto Tunes makes changes on the fly to keep the AFR within the range your map is set to. This was explained to me in fine detail by Power Commander's tech guys. I also believed the Auto Tune would create fuel curves for me but it doesn't. I even had a mild argument with the tech guy about how misleadibg this was. You set the desired AFR in the tune (either manually or by downloadibg one of their maps), the Auto Tune then uses the O2 sensor to compare the desired AFR (set in the map) to actual real time readings at the exhaust collector (or where ever you mounted the O2 sensor) and makes a change to the Trim in the program. This keeps the AFR where you want it and makes it a true "closed loop" system. It works great, but yes you still have to either create a map (on the dyno for best results) or download one from their website.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have a PC V and an Autotune that I had sent back to Dynojet when it would not take in the firmware update properly, it would not tune nor would it even function stand alone with out autotune. I purchased a PC3 to get me going in the mean time., When I get my properly functioning equipment back from Dynojet it will be for sale. Stacey and Brian can attest to the equipment malfunction. I did speak with a guy who did a 975 who autotuned his and he was very satisfied with how it ran. His name is Bo and he lives near Valencia Ca. I do not think he visits the site much or at all anymore.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a PC V and an Autotune that I had sent back to Dynojet when it would not take in the firmware update properly, it would not tune nor would it even function stand alone with out autotune. I purchased a PC3 to get me going in the mean time., When I get my properly functioning equipment back from Dynojet it will be for sale. Stacey and Brian can attest to the equipment malfunction. I did speak with a guy who did a 975 who autotuned his and he was very satisfied with how it ran. His name is Bo and he lives near Valencia Ca. I do not think he visits the site much or at all anymore.
What kind of afr numbers are you seeing? Also didyou ever run the BBK without the STM?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am running right at 12.8 to 13.2. I have never ran my bb rhintax without the stm clutch. Bo is running the rage 6 on his rhintax and if no turbo is in the future for big bore rotax owners that is what I would recommend. I am running the Rage 8 with stm secondary

1 - 20 of 28 Posts