Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
09 r1 tach help

i have a dwarf car with an 09 r1 setup the wireing harness was done in a most horrible way in my opinion the customer wants his tach functional can anybody tell me wut the wires comeing out of the cluster are all of them and wich wire in the harrness is for the tach?

·
Registered
2 Posts
R1 Wiring

R1 wiring:
-Bypass kickstand
-Bypass Clutch lever wires
-Mount Exup module or purchase bypass module
-I'd recommend leaving the tip sensor on and make a bracket for it
-Need resistor to keep low fuel indicator from blinking
-Tie in switches for ACC and Start
-Make sure all grounds, including body grounds, are tied in together
-There are two wires that go to the main switch that need to be grounded. The schematic in the service manual does not make this obvious. I couldn't get my motor running until WyattEarp (member) told me this. Locate the Blue/Yellow and Blue/Black wires and ground them.

That's all I can remember right now. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Hi, I'm rebuilding a crashed 04/06 model R1 and also same problem........swing but no start, t

·
Registered
2 Posts
R1 Wiring

R1 wiring:
-Bypass kickstand
-Bypass Clutch lever wires
-Mount Exup module or purchase bypass module
-I'd recommend leaving the tip sensor on and make a bracket for it
-Need resistor to keep low fuel indicator from blinking
-Tie in switches for ACC and Start
-Make sure all grounds, including body grounds, are tied in together
-There are two wires that go to the main switch that need to be grounded. The schematic in the service manual does not make this obvious. I couldn't get my motor running until WyattEarp (member) told me this. Locate the Blue/Yellow and Blue/Black wires and ground them.

That's all I can remember right now. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Hi I'm rebuilding 06 R1 and also motor swing but not starting tested 12v on coil wiring, where do i cut these two wires that need to be earthed Blue/Yellow and Blue/Black......more info on this or where can i locate this connector and where to cut the wires please I'm not a autolec.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts