Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my 2007 660 Rhino this weelend, first thing that needs to go is the loud aftermarket exhaust. When I look in the local ads I see lots of people looking to do the same, so it appears I may have a hard time finding one.
What other pipes can I use? Grizzly? Raptor?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Picked up my 2007 660 Rhino this weelend, first thing that needs to go is the loud aftermarket exhaust. When I look in the local ads I see lots of people looking to do the same, so it appears I may have a hard time finding one.
What other pipes can I use? Grizzly? Raptor?
The engine is a Rhino is mounted backwards when compared to a quad. So, the exhaust pipe is going in the opposite direction to get to the rear of the vehicle. Your only choice is something designed for a Yamaha Rhino.

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
the best muffler I have found is the oem stainless steel honda cbr 1000 muffler....its quiet and sounds good and doesn't restrict too bad, and they are cheap as heck on ebay!...about fifty bucks if you know how to fabricate,its worth it!....I love mine....tons of room in the chassis too....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the best muffler I have found is the oem stainless steel honda cbr 1000 muffler....its quiet and sounds good and doesn't restrict too bad, and they are cheap as heck on ebay!...about fifty bucks if you know how to fabricate,its worth it!....I love mine....tons of room in the chassis too....
Sounds interesting, got any pics?

I don't know what brand the one on it is, definitely not stock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Camshaw exhaust is the way to go in my opinion. I copied his idea and it works great. Not loud, flows well and bullet proof. Way better design than stock.

·
Banned
190 Posts
Hi Camshaw Id also like to see how you made your exhaust, any chance you could post a picture of it? If not can I text you for a copy of the pic?

Thanks ~ Phil

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
im putting a new motor in my car tomorrow. i will post a video and pics for u guys. find a larger aftermarket head pipe and then use the cbr muffler and weld up a good bracket system and its golden! quiet and flows good and stout construction. dosdaytona had to jet up once he copied it onto his car he said. i know its quiet and flows enough for a 1000cbr honda!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Has anyone tried the Stealth add-on muffler? I believe Cabelas carries it. They advertise it has no appreciable back pressure so if that is true, (????) then not a significant loss in performance. It appears to take a single outlet, so if you don't have duals then might be worth the try. I am not necessarily a fan of the looks but understand they are popular with the hunters. I have a friend who had one several years ago and he said it was whisper quiet and felt no loss in power on a 4 wheeler.

·
Banned
190 Posts
im putting a new motor in my car tomorrow. i will post a video and pics for u guys. find a larger aftermarket head pipe and then use the cbr muffler and weld up a good bracket system and its golden! quiet and flows good and stout construction. dosdaytona had to jet up once he copied it onto his car he said. i know its quiet and flows enough for a 1000cbr honda!
Thanks!

·
Banned
190 Posts
Has anyone tried the Stealth add-on muffler? I believe Cabelas carries it. They advertise it has no appreciable back pressure so if that is true, (????) then not a significant loss in performance. It appears to take a single outlet, so if you don't have duals then might be worth the try. I am not necessarily a fan of the looks but understand they are popular with the hunters. I have a friend who had one several years ago and he said it was whisper quiet and felt no loss in power on a 4 wheeler.
I have an add on silencer on mine, not sure if its a koplin or not but it uses the stock exhaust and attaches to the output of it. It is quieter but not a lot more. Compared to our Polaris Sportsman 500 its still a lot louder...

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
exhaust pics

heres the pics of the "camshaw performance quiet exhaust"......lol..this is a woods headpipe and mid pipe with the cbr honda muffler....I used the oem rhino exhaust donuts on both sides,tabbed up a couple brackets and you mount right to the oem honda brackets...buy a nice shiney muffler off ebay for about 50 bucks, the shinney'r the muffler the less amount of hours on it...Take the necked down section of the cbr muffler pipe, cut it off, turn it around and chop the neck off the muffler and add the reduced section upto the muffler entrance...the woods set up steps right into it,but Im sure other headpipes are close, but you want a union because the motor moves all over and will crack a solid exhaust, it needs to have a joint that flexes!!...and you cant use rubber mounts as rubber burns out, the oem donuts have high heat rubber and are insulated and hold out best I've found

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quiet exhaust

Great thread thanks. My Rhino I bought used had the Alba racing kit which had the Flowmaster exhaust. Was super loud! I street legaled it but it was so bad I couldn't take it into town. I had an old exhaust from my BMW 1150 GSA that slipped perfectly into place and helped somewhat. But the CBR seems worth a try. Do you know off the top of your head the diameter? The header that came with the pipe is 2" so the BMW pipe worked perfect... My stock Kwak ZX10R pipe was like 2.5" so would not work.

Is having a bigger head pipe with a 2.5" muffler better(zx10r) than the 2" pipe with a ton of turns in it from the Alba kit better for noise reduction and performance?

Thanks,

Geoff

·
Super Moderator
3,132 Posts
Im deaf from my Pro circut T4, it needs repacking but sounds so badass i live with it.....Strong ass unit too, xlnt tab welds.

I havent come up with a solution for the vibrating name plate on it, i should just drill it off completely.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Goma- If my old memory serves from the hotrod days- the longer pipes help to increase torque particularly in multiple cylinder headers, shorter pipes allow more HP. I am not sure about these Rhinos but would guess same principles. and to quote Carroll Shelby " Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races".

·
Registered
2 Posts
exhaust pics

heres the pics of the "camshaw performance quiet exhaust"......lol..this is a woods headpipe and mid pipe with the cbr honda muffler....I used the oem rhino exhaust donuts on both sides,tabbed up a couple brackets and you mount right to the oem honda brackets...buy a nice shiney muffler off ebay for about 50 bucks, the shinney'r the muffler the less amount of hours on it...Take the necked down section of the cbr muffler pipe, cut it off, turn it around and chop the neck off the muffler and add the reduced section upto the muffler entrance...the woods set up steps right into it,but Im sure other headpipes are close, but you want a union because the motor moves all over and will crack a solid exhaust, it needs to have a joint that flexes!!...and you cant use rubber mounts as rubber burns out, the oem donuts have high heat rubber and are insulated and hold out best I've found
[/QU
exhaust pics

Hey I'm new to this whole thing not sure if this is how to ask questions or If it'll even get answered with this being so old but are you still able to use the dump bead function with this exhaust on? I just got a 04 660 and it's really loud lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey I'm new to this whole thing not sure if this is how to ask questions or If it'll even get answered with this being so old but are you still able to use the dump bead function with this exhaust on? I just got a 04 660 and it's really loud lol
Yes, the bed will still dump as long as the muffler is placed correctly on install.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yes, the muffler is under the frame and can't get in the way unless it sticks out too far in the back.
I put a Can Am Maverick muffler on mine and if you go in deep water you have to stay on the gas or water will run back up the exhaust ..... I wish I had left mine stock!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts