Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 660 Rhino that I purchased last summer. As far as I know everything is bone stock. I put
FRONT 25-8-12 & REAR 25-10-12 ATV Kenda Bearclaw tires and a full windshield on it. I ride in the steep hills around Yazoo City at our deer camp. I am looking for more low end for hill climbing. I don't care about top end AT ALL.

Do you service sheaves and clutches?
What do I need to do clutch and sheave wise to get more low end for climbing and for riding in the mud. Not the try to bury it in a mud pit mud riding, just riding to and from deer stands and trail riding.
If you don't service sheaves and clutches, who in the Jackson area do you recommend?

thanks
Travis

edited to correct name. Sorry I thought your name was Todd Hunter.

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
Doubt he does that but he will sell u a machined sheave which is what u need plus u need to slug ur wet clutch. There is no serviceing to the wet clutch, but serviceing the primary and secondary sheaves is nothing, unless u dont have the time or tools to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am trying to identify if this is OEM or aftermarket performance Sheave?
Sheav, off a 2006 Rhino 660, It looks different than all the stock photos I have seen from a 2006 Yamahe Rhino 660 , On the stock photos I have seen there seems to be a flat spot towards bottom? They do not appear smooth to the bottom end and the top has a flat spot.. It looks like a JBS or other performance aftermarket ? Which would be a good thing.
Any help identifying is appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts