Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my rear cv was broke it wouldnt turn if you jacked the back end up and gave it sum gas correct. I thought my rear passanger side cv might be broke because where it comes out of the boot going towards the tire looked like a lot diff angle compared to the other side. So any ways I jacked her up and both tires are spining when you turn them and give it some gas. Thanks for helping out a rookie here.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You should not be able to turn the rear wheels independently...so if you cannot turn one by hand w/o turning the other that is correct...

Usually the axles snap at the cv joint...and you could have a broken axle inside the boot...

On the side in question...I recommend you remove the shock...and raise the wheel up and down from full droop all the way up till to max travel and make sure the plunge action on that cv joint is working right...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
That is moves in/out freely w/o binding or anything...

Odds are if you had a broken axle it would come through the boot and one wheel would not turn by turning the other...

But if you want assurance that you don't have a funky problem with your cv joint w/o removing it to inspect it that would be an easy test...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts