Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
161 - 169 of 169 Posts
Temperature light came on. I removed the Ryde-On Dust cover and did the same amount of rider as I did with the cover on but the temperature light did not come on once the cover was removed. I do not have a temperature gauge but plan on installing one myself once I find a good How-To video.
Scary the light came on, they come on around 246* and in most cases the head gasket lets go. You can search the technical section for temp gauge there are pics and easy to do.

I sell custom acoustical fiberglass sound absorbing blankets for rhinos. They are 15" wide and 5' long. They go underneath both seats and over the engine underneath the engine cowl. The blankets resist heat, abrasion, oil, grease, dirt, moisture, and most solvents and chemicals. They are made of quilted fiberglass 1" thick with vinyl-coated fiberglass cloth on both sides. I have one on my 08 rhino 700 and it made a big differnce with cab noise and also heat. I also line-x the bed including the front of it and the combination makes a big difference. The blankets only work on fuel injected rhinos due to the air intake on the carb models. Let me know if you are interested.
do you still sell the blankets? Im interested.

do you still sell the blankets? Im interested.
These blankets might be a good idea. I thought I would share what I have done so far for noise reduction. I bought I 2009 Rhino 700 Special Edition used last year with 7000 kilometers on it basically stock unit with stereo and speaker box on ceiling, winch, LED light bar, no major mods. I wanted it mainly to work around the cottage, visit other cottages, launch boats, do some easy trail riding but as many people have said these are noisy machines.
Step 1- I bought Noico mat and installed it under both cab engine consuls/covers. It is easy to work with, molds well, sticks well. I did it basically by eyeball. I went over top of the factory stuck on fiberglass insulation under the top of the main engine cover but cut around the stuff on the sides of it. I also put the mat in behind the plastic kick plates below front of the seats and on the dump box front wall facing the cab and under the seats between seats and their plastic under pieces (unbolted seats, added mat, reinstalled seats). Did a test run. A small reduction in sound but a nice reduction in heat transfer into the cab.
step 2- found the CVT belt case air exhaust tube did not connect to the exhaust port in the cab back panel. Fixed that with duct tape.
step 3- found the rubber gaskets between top of cab back panel and dump box did not meet the dump box and one piece was missing leaving a good air gap. Made a new one from packing foam then installed weatherstripping along the dump box to close on top of cab gaskets eliminating air gap.
step 4- bought Roxul safe n sound rock wool insulation. On drivers side I insulated 3 sides and the bottom of the "box" area under the seat. I cut the piece facing the CVT case in such a way that the box frame holds it in tight so it cannot fall towards the engine/VCT case. I did not bother to insulate the outward facing side. Under the passenger seat is the gas tank so I just cut small pieces and insulated on top of the gas tank.
step 5- there are small irregular gaps behind the seats and cab back looking down towards engine. I just stuffed them with Roxul. Most of them will pull out if you remoove the engine cover so I will have to re-stuff those small areas in that case, no biggie.
Step 6- 2nd test drive- Wow! Cab noise cut in half! I can use the radio! Albeit at a high volume but can now hear it and talk to a passenger.

These blankets might be a good idea. I thought I would share what I have done so far for noise reduction. I bought I 2009 Rhino 700 Special Edition used last year with 7000 kilometers on it basically stock unit with stereo and speaker box on ceiling, winch, LED light bar, no major mods. I wanted it mainly to work around the cottage, visit other cottages, launch boats, do some easy trail riding but as many people have said these are noisy machines.
Step 1- I bought Noico mat and installed it under both cab engine consuls/covers. It is easy to work with, molds well, sticks well. I did it basically by eyeball. I went over top of the factory stuck on fiberglass insulation under the top of the main engine cover but cut around the stuff on the sides of it. I also put the mat in behind the plastic kick plates below front of the seats and on the dump box front wall facing the cab and under the seats between seats and their plastic under pieces (unbolted seats, added mat, reinstalled seats). Did a test run. A small reduction in sound but a nice reduction in heat transfer into the cab.
step 2- found the CVT belt case air exhaust tube did not connect to the exhaust port in the cab back panel. Fixed that with duct tape.
step 3- found the rubber gaskets between top of cab back panel and dump box did not meet the dump box and one piece was missing leaving a good air gap. Made a new one from packing foam then installed weatherstripping along the dump box to close on top of cab gaskets eliminating air gap.
step 4- bought Roxul safe n sound rock wool insulation. On drivers side I insulated 3 sides and the bottom of the "box" area under the seat. I cut the piece facing the CVT case in such a way that the box frame holds it in tight so it cannot fall towards the engine/VCT case. I did not bother to insulate the outward facing side. Under the passenger seat is the gas tank so I just cut small pieces and insulated on top of the gas tank.
step 5- there are small irregular gaps behind the seats and cab back looking down towards engine. I just stuffed them with Roxul. Most of them will pull out if you remoove the engine cover so I will have to re-stuff those small areas in that case, no biggie.
Step 6- 2nd test drive- Wow! Cab noise cut in half! I can use the radio! Albeit at a high volume but can now hear it and talk to a passenger.
Sounds great. Pictures please.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.