Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
121 - 140 of 169 Posts
Talk to the guy at Sound Deadening Materials for Noise Reduction from Second Skin he told me about vibrations and how to get rid of them. I did my whole rhino and it is much better. Bedliner material is not designed to get rid of vibration only protect you bed. They make a material to get rid of the vibration of your bed that worked great for me. This guy is very knowlegeable about noise reduction. I would call him.
Roughly how much would you say you spent on the liner for your rhino?

I realize this is an older thread but I made the same mistake as another member. I gOT 2" hose for intake and it was starving for air. Just replaced with 2.5" hose and it's perfect. I have a ryde on dust cover and some better insulation on the way for the cowl. This thread had been a big help for me. Thank you all!!

I did my snorkel over 3 years ago and it is still holding up after more than 4K miles. I am getting a little bit of backfire on decel which means it is a little lean on the pilot jet. I have already gone to a 22.5 and am going to up it to a25 to see if I can eliminate the bacfire on decel.

Thanks for the info. I've had my rhino almost 2 months now and it's in progress. Other thank snorkel I've added folding windshield oem roof and rear vynal windshield. I am about to order 27" reptile radials for stock wheels and jbs sheave with greaseless weights and 2" lift. I'm ganna try and stop there since I really just bought this for hunting lol!!

I realize this is an older thread but I made the same mistake as another member. I gOT 2" hose for intake and it was starving for air. Just replaced with 2.5" hose and it's perfect. I have a ryde on dust cover and some better insulation on the way for the cowl. This thread had been a big help for me. Thank you all!!
How do you like your ryde on cover?

Don't know yet it will be here early next week. I'll post a review. I don't have a big problem with dust but I heard it blocks noise also.

I wanted to add I went with the tear resistant duct hose from mcmaster Carr. It had a high heat rating and was real thick so made a little easier since there is not much room. You also have to order in 5' sections. I ordered 10' and it seemed perfect. U could route it into grill or do like I did and turn it down away from the grill. I figured that way if I hit water it won't go in.

In heavy dust they don't work worth a ****, in light dust they work ok at best.

In heavy dust they don't work worth a ****, in light dust they work ok at best.
do they help with noise?

I'm also putting some sound absorbing foam under cowl when dust cover gets here for noise. I have rubber payed under seats now with rear window and with windshield up and I don't have dust problem.

It did i also just completed the snorkel to underneith the hood.

Yeh i am installing the ryde on cover with some better sound absorbtion(about $40 on Mcmaster Carr) I think this is where i will stop also. Just want to be able to talk to my passenger.

Just wanted to give my update. I installed the 1" sound and heat foam under console and ryde on dust guard. Huge improvement. Almost like riding in truck with windows down. The dust cover and rear window blocks out exhaust noise also. As far as dust I'll have to get back. Been under tropical storm here in Panama City so not much dust around.

U can snorkel it up and out I'm sure. From what I understand if u snorkel it to under the hood u can't get enough air for 660. But not sure.

121 - 140 of 169 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.