Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got my last part today ..my wet clutch drum/shaft...i had 1 more question for someone who has done this repair?....the clutch housing cover has a gasket...should i install the gasket dry?...there is engine oil on the backside...I dont like the rvt idea because of the squishy nature of rvt...woried about installing dry?....I like using on my cars on parts that seal water jackets...is the can of red sticky high tach stuff...it seals great and also dont squirt out...it does make gasket a ***** to remove the nexted time?...but i dont plan on doing this job again!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also today of all days to get the last part i needed...been waiting for a week...I had back surgery this morning!...and the doctor says i cant work on it....so i was wondering if you guys could all get together and fly to seattle and put my rhino all back together...as a suprise?..like they do on overhaulen?....thanks guys..your the best

·
Registered
581 Posts
so i got my last part today ..my wet clutch drum/shaft...i had 1 more question for someone who has done this repair?....the clutch housing cover has a gasket...should i install the gasket dry?...there is engine oil on the backside...I dont like the rvt idea because of the squishy nature of rvt...woried about installing dry?....I like using on my cars on parts that seal water jackets...is the can of red sticky high tach stuff...it seals great and also dont squirt out...it does make gasket a ***** to remove the nexted time?...but i dont plan on doing this job again!

With both surfaces well cleaned I would install it dry.

also today of all days to get the last part i needed...been waiting for a week...I had back surgery this morning!...and the doctor says i cant work on it....so i was wondering if you guys could all get together and fly to seattle and put my rhino all back together...as a suprise?..like they do on overhaulen?....thanks guys..your the best
Thats fricken hilarious!

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
like larry the cable guy say's...." So the dr. say's under no curcumstance do you work on the rhino for at least a week...so 3hrs after i get home and my new part.I"m out there looking at it"...but knoe i see a new problem..and i hope i dont need another part?...at least from Wv they only take a couipl days....so this is it...the wet clutch goes on first then the 1 way bearing...then the nut..all 3 new....then the clutch drum cover goes on.. new..well inside there ..there is a small needle bearing...held in with a c-clip...i removed clip but can't get the needle bearing to slide out?... i tryed a 90* pick tool but it wont slide out?..any ideas?....or should i just order a one from WV?..thanks

·
Banned
833 Posts
like larry the cable guy say's...." So the dr. say's under no curcumstance do you work on the rhino for at least a week...so 3hrs after i get home and my new part.I"m out there looking at it"...but knoe i see a new problem..and i hope i dont need another part?...at least from Wv they only take a couipl days....so this is it...the wet clutch goes on first then the 1 way bearing...then the nut..all 3 new....then the clutch drum cover goes on.. new..well inside there ..there is a small needle bearing...held in with a c-clip...i removed clip but can't get the needle bearing to slide out?... i tryed a 90* pick tool but it wont slide out?..any ideas?....or should i just order a one from WV?..thanks
i should have it if you need it

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WV....Mico fich say's ..bearing...#6 in pic.. # 93315-21813-00...check for be and get in mail asap...maybe i could have it by satuday cuz monday a holladay

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K...sending...thanks...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glad i can help moto....and if you ever need back surgery?....i got assume tools!

so my list of parts

wet clutch blocks $95...from walt
1 way bearing @55 from Wv
Nut $15 From Wv
#8 Needle bearing $15 From Wv
cover gasket and seal $20 From Wv
clutch housing $210 From cheap cycle parts . com (Wv is cheaper)

Purple secondary spring $ 30 From metric cycle 20+10 shipping )
New drive belt $110 From Yamaha (Wv cheaper)
2 qrts yamalube and filter from yama dealer $30

and if you meet WV late?...you pay more...if you order 1 at a time from WV you pay more so you can save by my mistakes moto and the others!:alcoholic:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
so have you got it all running again yet? is it pulling the front tires off the ground with this new found power!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...well the first thing we did is drive it into the back yard and spent all day with my son pulling out bushes that have got over grown...then my son pick up tons of big rocks that where all around in the flower beds and hauled to the street for free...and the rhino worked great!...ust off idle with the gas it starts to move....i have the pics of old clutch weights and the pads where gone and down to metal and the drum was worn a bunch....today with the boys in school i drove it on the road down to the river...it drives so nice...before it also had a bent rear axle...i had it up to 47..thats fast enuff for me...it is a 07 660...but has a 686 kit and black rhino CDI...i did notice if cruzing at 20-25 you are only 1/4 throttle..and you can mash the gas and it really takes-off..lots of power....with new clutch stuff..I also installed 1 mm shim and a purple secondary spring...my primary is all stock just all cleaned and new grease...also i do have 2" lift and 12x12x26 mud lites and 200 SS wheels ( black )..the boat heater under drivers seat works good...my temp gauge i install works great...o and i put 1 1/2 wheel spacers on all 4...looks and drives nice...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
great! glad you got it up and running again. now i cant wait to get mine done so i can get back to riding

1 - 13 of 13 Posts