Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed my primary to send to james and noticed there was a lot of black fine dust in there. Inside the cover was clean. I only have maybe 200 miles tops on these and it was spotless when I put them in there. They now are starting to get a flat spot on them. I had them in my King Quad too and th esame thing happened, so bad that the covered wore to where they were shot. What causes this? Seems like the round covers are better for wear.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
post pics of the weights if u can , i have seen kinda alot of fine blk dark grey dust powder dirt in mine to i found last time,

ur gonna have that , but what do the weights look like how bad of a flat spot ?

·
Banned
833 Posts
the round wear even faster...i have a set of the rounds with 60 miles on them with a 1/4 wide flat spot already..it depends on what kind and how much dust you ride in..once they get a flat spot the wearing slows down..more contact area...belt dust is normal

·
Registered
109 Posts
I use a TINY bit of grease, few hundred miles with no flat spots so far. but always the black dust.
So would you say that using a TINY bit of grease works with the greasless weights? Reason I'm asking is I have the hot rod sheave in hand ready to install.
James, any thoughts?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you dont have to use the metal cover with the screws if your greaseless? The wear isnt bad yet, I was just suprised since it had such low mileage on them. My KQ were pretty worn with only about 800 miles.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there any reason james to either run or take off the plate?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The cover keeps whatever you use for lube from getting on the belt, if you don't use grease leave the 8 screw plate off for heat dissipation.....correct?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx guys, make perfect sense. Thats why my KQ didnt have one. Cant wait for my sheave to get back james!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts