Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything I plug into the cigarette lighter port on my Rhino 700 frys immediately. I tested the voltage and it is putting out 14.8 to 15 volts. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Everything I plug into the cigarette lighter port on my Rhino 700 frys immediately. I tested the voltage and it is putting out 14.8 to 15 volts. Any help would be appreciated.

Is this engine running or engine off?
What is voltage at the battery with engine off?
What voltage does your dash monitor tell you when engine off?

If engine is off and battery & power port is over spec and volt gauge in your digital dash is also showing over then toss the battery and replace? (they should all read the same number when engine is off)

When the engine is ON what voltage does your digital dash read and what voltage is at the battery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked. The voltage with just the key on is 12.5. When running 14.5. Are you sure about the battery. It did it when brand new???

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just checked. The voltage with just the key on is 12.5. When running 14.5. Are you sure about the battery. It did it when brand new???
those numbers are in spec. No problems.

·
Registered
208 Posts
14.8 is what your car even puts out when the engine is running - perfectly normal. Like someone else mentioned, you might want to see if the socket is wired backwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked the wiring to the cig lighter socket and sure enough it was wired backwards. Reversed and now everything is fine! Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Just a thought but mine cig lighter was wired backwards when I got it
The center post in the power port should be the hot one. Mine was wired backwards also.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Wow I was real late on this one!!!!!11 Thats what I get for starting to reply and then getting side tracked for 1-1/2 hours. Glad you found it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just a thought but mine cig lighter was wired backwards when I got it

you know now that you mention I remember my cig lighter wires came undone once when I was checking my snorkel connections. Very poorly attached I thought so I managed the ends and re-attached.

That would explain the blowing of some electronics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi mig runner. Can you take a picture of where the fuse is for that port? Mine blew and I can’t find the fuse. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Hi mig runner. Can you take a picture of where the fuse is for that port? Mine blew and I can’t find the fuse. Thanks!!!
Post is over a decade old. He may not respond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
I guarentee he wont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts