Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Currently going through one right now. A 16ft Hydro stream with a 140 Johnson. Totally redoing everything on it, shaving the window off, repaint, new seats, tuning the motor and all that stuff. Should be ready next month hopefully. Dont have the pics that was started with on this comp but I will try and get them tonight.

The ole man used to run these back in the day and in the right conditions should top out in the low to mid 70s.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
19' Eliminator Daytona. Building a turbocharged, intercooled, EFI big block for it right now. Can't wait to get the new motor going!!!

·
Site Founder
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I bought the boat as seen in the pic above. It rides pretty good, I think. It definitely is not a Havasu boat.
Nick, jet pump in this baby, no prop!
This was built originally as a race boat. Motor is pushed fowrad in the hull, pump is pushed out the back. No back seat, no carpet, no stereo, light weight hull, etc.
Right now it breaks water at the steering wheel! Too much hull in the water, top speed is only 53 on GPS. With the original motor it went 135, that was before I owned it. I am hoping to do 100 with the new motor, which will be a pump gas 427. It should do it pretty easily, on low boost.

·
Registered
47 Posts
2006 Tracker Party deck 212

I'm in the process of redoing the entire boat. Its a 2006 Tracker Party Deck 21 feet with a 4.3 mercury. 220 horsepower. I am replacing all of the carpet with upgraded 28oz marine carpet and replacing the wood as well. I am also having the seats all redone since the sun in AZ killed them. It's been a huge project so far and i have torn the boat down to the basic shell. Also replacing every bolt and nut since the old ones found a new home in the trash! I hope to have the boat in the water by July 4! Post pics of the project later tonight.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm having a hard time grasping how well a boat will load the engine to spool the turbo. I imagine prop selection is key with forced induction?
Boat engines are always under load. I guess you could compare it to running a Rhino up a sand dune.

Depending on your needs, turbo'd motors work excellent in boats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey! That thing looks mighty familiar!!! Went to the drags at Elsinore on Sunday. 214 in the 1/4 mile is damn fast. Saw a couple 19 foot Eliminators doing well into the 100's there.

Did someone say 'Burning Mullet'?

19' Eliminator Daytona. Building a turbocharged, intercooled, EFI big block for it right now. Can't wait to get the new motor going!!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Here is my junker. 1989 party barge 24' with an evinrude 88hp. I bought this used in 2007 for $1200, put new bearings and tires on the trailer and replaced the impeler on the motor and used it a whole season like that. Last winter I stripped it down to the wood, had the deck rhino lined light gray and replaced all the furniture with new wise pontoon furniture, all new cables and every bit of wiring. installed a mister system on the boat and 8 pioneer 6x9's hooked to an amp/ipod.

I pulled the lower unit to reseal it and noticed reverse gear was pretty worn so I replaced all gears and bearings in the lower unit. The motor runs like a top, it wont win any speed records but it sure is a fun boat.

The day I brought it home..just got done mounting the brand new double bimini tops that it came with.

Stripped down

getting shot

done

Railing going back on...perfect time to install the stripper pole.

installing the new seats

1 - 17 of 17 Posts