Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just bought a 2008 Yamaha rhino 700. About 25 minutes into a ride my check engine light came on and the rhino was loosing power and kind of spit and sputtering. Not long after that it quit. When I went to try starting it the battery meter on the screen was reading between 7.5 and 9.9. after getting it towed back to the house I jump started it with my buddy's S10 and it fired up fine. When we took the jumper cables off I watched the battery meter and it kept dropping. So my assumption is that it's not charging and either needs a stator, voltage regulator, or it's a bad relay. Another interesting thing I noticed before taking it out was that whoever owned it prior had removed the fuse for the radiator fan. Was there a reason for doing that? I plan on buying a voltage tester tomorrow to dig a little deeper into the problem.any ideas or advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I just got done with my testing and it appears I will be replacing the stator. Any suggestions on what stator I should buy? I see them anywhere from $50-$300

·
Registered
1 Posts
They usually fail because they're under rated for the constant current draw. Running the motor with the battery disconnected – or even a poor contact on the battery terminals – can also blow them.

Reactions: Joeyadk
1 - 5 of 5 Posts