Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you guys and gals think about the new Polaris RZR ? I know you guys have heard of it coming out this Spring. Do you think this is going to revolutionize the utv industry or what, what about the rhino, are any of you guys thinking about selling to get one of these, I mean there talking 55mph right out of the box ! there saying with some mods it will do 70. I am going to wait and take a look at one of these before I decide but I am leaning towards the Rhino, I like the looks of the Rhino and the size of the bed....What do you guys think ???????

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
the rzr is just stepping up the utv industry. it will be just like the ranger when yamaha comes out with their 08

·
Registered
297 Posts
It isn't a UTV. It seems to be more of a dune buggy. I don't like em but I do wish the rhino could do 70 with mods. They are really ugly too. I think that it is :greddy2: GAY

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Its a POOlaris ...... crappy quality.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Having driven one for a whole day, I have to say it's going to be pretty cool if it can hold up to what people put it through. It's not a dune buggy...it's definatley a UTV......and will be fun for alot of people. It will also be the impetus for other manufacturers to step it up and release their new stuff...I'm sure! UTV's are going to be like computers....every year or two something cooler will come out, and it will be hard to stay on top as a consumer without always buying the newest/coolest thing out there! ;o)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Having driven one for a whole day, I have to say it's going to be pretty cool if it can hold up to what people put it through. It's not a dune buggy...it's definatley a UTV......and will be fun for alot of people. It will also be the impetus for other manufacturers to step it up and release their new stuff...I'm sure! UTV's are going to be like computers....every year or two something cooler will come out, and it will be hard to stay on top as a consumer without always buying the newest/coolest thing out there! ;o)
Or you just beat them to the punch like you did and throw it all out and put your own shiit in there.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I think its a big step in the right direction BUT I wouldn't put my money on Polaris,... I believe that Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha will have something that will blow the Polaris away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
HONDA 2008 - releases the CS1800F - powered by Gold Wing opposed six, DVD, leather package, carpets, sun roof, automatic transmission

HARLEY 2008 - releases the FLHDG (Dune Glide) springer forks, 19 inch wheels, low rider seats

YAMAHA 2008 - releases the Wallow, a Rhino with 250cc engine, and the Rhino Steve Irwin edition, with crocodile seat covers and bling 22 inch wheels

KAWASAKI puts the 250hp Jet Ski 1400cc engine in a chassis derived form the KFX450, weighs only 650 lb. unfortunately the first production machine torques itself upside down when revved and kills 2 occupants.

ARCTIC CAT releases a 3 wheel side-by-side in a desperate bid to be different.

·
Registered
798 Posts
the rzr is a pure toy. i thought about getting one when they come out but its only 50" wide..as wide as a quad and it looks more like an offroad go kart than a utv. there is no bed and the 4wd doesnt have a locker. i bet it will be fast and fun but it doesnt have the 4wd i want or the utility i would want. right now the rhino has a little bit of everything.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think its a big step in the right direction BUT I wouldn't put my money on Polaris,... I believe that Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha will have something that will blow the Polaris away.
I have to agree with you, I would really love to see what suzuki is comming out with. Has anyone heard of any other side by sides comming out soon ?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Even though it has a small bed in the rear, they will have rails and attachable zip-on canvas covers that will allow you to put quite a bit of stuff in the back of the RZR......I don't know anyone who actually useds their rear bed on the Rhino for anything other than a cooler....or seats....so not sure what the fuss is about small bed or lack of room. Sitting in it, it doesn't feel that small......I'm a Yamaha girl...all the way.....but I just hate to hear people knocking something they haven't actually tried out yet.......and if you have, then great!

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I agree with that. I think Polaris actually came out with something that matches what customers want for the recreational market. The 50" width thing is for the ATV only riding areas where they limit use by width.

The reason it can be smaller and still roomy is they put the engine behind the seats rather than between them.

Can you imagine this thing hopped up a little with long travel? I really think this is going to be a cool recreational SxS.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I don't know anyone who actually useds their rear bed on the Rhino for anything other than a cooler....
that a huge use :alcoholic: :friday:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I agree with that. I think Polaris actually came out with something that matches what customers want for the recreational market. The 50" width thing is for the ATV only riding areas where they limit use by width.

The reason it can be smaller and still roomy is they put the engine behind the seats rather than between them.

Can you imagine this thing hopped up a little with long travel? I really think this is going to be a cool recreational SxS.
I already have one long travel

·
Registered
798 Posts
thats a photoshop

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
No it must be real. Mr. O wouldn't do that. I already ordered one from Polaris because of that picture.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts